beardie wheezing/heavy breathing/slightly open mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi :oops:

my beardie, henry, is 6 months old and eats crickets as his main food. i’ve noticed him breathing heavy with his mouth open and some wheezing or squeaking. i’m starting to worry. his enclosure is at 95° and i have a digital thermometer. he’s has the right wattage of UVB and UVA. he’s in a 70 gallon tank. he’s still eating and being energetic, but his breathing is a little worrying. i also give him a bath every two days. he’s been pooping regularly, too, just in the tub.

thank you :?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Correct UVB? What are you using? Brand and bulb----NO COILS -- Basking temps should be 105-110 for Henry -- does he have any mucous coming out of his nose or mouth? Is he doing this all the time? Please lay off the baths for now --- if hes got a RI you dont want to make it worse -- but we need to figure out if that is indeed what is going on --hes wheezing? Are you feeding salads as well as just the crickets? Any worms? Please post pics of Henry and his tank and lighting ---- the UVB and the basking temps in that tank are crucial https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Please review your tank setup with us, so we can be sure everything is all correct.
Pictures would be helpful as well!
If you have a water dish in your tank, it would be a good idea to take it out right now.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom