What’s wrong with her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I checked on my jeuvenile beardie and she looked dark. I know that’s normal. But I decided to give her a bath this morning and she pooped way more then she usually does. And it was green and you could see unchewed food in it. Now she is acting very lazy and closes her eyes. Is she okay???

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? No stick ons they are inaccurate-- UVB? What is the brand and bulb? Coil or tube? Where in the tank is it? Top of screen or inside the tank?
Karrie

Carmen315160

Original Poster
The temperature is 115 on the warm side everyday, and it is 85 degrees on the cold side and her first 150 watt basking bulb wasn’t hot enough so I put another 100 watt bulb in there. The brands I use are Zoo Med and Exo Terra. Her tank is 40 gallons. (She is a small juvenile) The basking bulbs are on the top of the tank on the outside and on the left side is the warm side.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
115 is too hot how are you taking that temp? No stick ons!! You need a digital probe thermometer ASAP -- put the probe on the basking decor let it sit for 10 minutes get temp--- ineed UVB brand and bulb
Karrie

Carmen315160

Original Poster
It is a thermometer. It is Velcroed to the inside of the tank. I made sure it was accurate before I put it inside. And lately she refuses to eat her crickets, and only will eat her mealworms.

Carmen315160

Original Poster
Also, when I woke up this morning her arms and legs were a lighter color then her body. She was originally orange and yellow. But now she’s all dark with white legs and arms???

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You need a digital probe thermometer to get accurate temps --- your getting ambient temps -- your basking temps should not be above 115 she is too hot --- you want basking temps 95-110 for a juvenile dragon - she needs a decor piece that would offer a gradient heat -- something she can lay sit and stand against w/ different temps --- Petsmart has great decor for dragons--- she needs salads every day along w/ a staple feeder like crickets or dubia roaches or silk worms --- meal worms are not a staple diet -- you want her healthy ---- what are you using for a UVB ? This is crucial to the overall health of your dragon -- if your using a coil I recommend you get rid of it and get a 24" fixture w/ a reflector and a Reptisun 10.0 T bulb --- if your tank is 40+ gallons---- she will not eat if basking temps are not correct and UVB is not proper ---- if you need help finding one let me know I can post websites for insects/ worms etc -- here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Sounds like shes going into a shed ---- post a pic of her please
Karrie

Carmen315160

Original Poster
Code:
She has a log that she likes to bask on sometimes, I’ll try to get her some Dubia roaches and see if she likes them. I’m on my phone so I’m not sure how to post a pic of her. Her bulb is not like a normal lightbulb look it has more of a coil U shape. I give her Kale, Zucchini, and some juvenile beardie food. The brand of that I use is Flukers. Also, the UVB is a 10.0 UVB. And I’ll check out some more stuff at pet smart for her.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You need to change the coil bulb UVB --- this may be or could be part of the issue --- if you go to the menu on the left side of the website scroll down to user image uploader and follow the download etc then when you reply on top of the message box click on XIMG click on the pic and it should post -- post that pic or look on the box if you still have it and tell me what it is -- I am thinking its a Reptisun 10.0 13 watt coil - those are NO good -
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom