Skin on leg is dull gray color...Please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beard314

Hello, I have an adult bearded dragon I've been taking care of now for a few months. Sort of adopted from my young nephew since his mom (my sister) was doing most if not all of the caring for it and is too busy now.
Anyhow I noticed today his leg is dull gray and hasn't gone away all day. I attached a photo as well so you can kind of see. I know they get dark and light depending on how much light they are getting at the time but it stays the same. I am worried something is wrong. I did give him a bath shortly after that picture with no change and that was several hours ago.
It's a bad angle but you can see it starts just above where is back leg bends and ends above the foot. Please advise me what to do and what this could be. Thank you very much in advanced.

I don't have another place to upload images so you can view my post with images from this link:
https://beardeddragonforum.com/threads/leg-is-partly-dull-grayish-color-please-help.22951/

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It looks like shed --- they often turn different colors like they may get dark they might go grey like this they may go into a opaque looking color -- it sometimes take a while before it comes off too --- just be patient - it will get dry and crackly and come off -- when they start to get that way dry and crackly you can take a baby soft toothbrush and a spray bottle - spray and brush lightly that will take the loose shed off
Karrie

Beard314

Original Poster
I think I got it to upload an image when I noticed I could upload pictures to the gallery. Could it be in just one spot on the leg though and no where else? I also bathed him for 15-20 mins and it didn't go away yesterday or today. It's been about 2-3 days now.

108749-5637814458.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That is normal -- they shed different parts at different times and sometimes back to back -- bathing is ok we dont normally recommend that many baths - most on here only bath if they have pooped all over themselves or they will only drink from a bath -- or certain times when its called for illness etc -- but for the most part they dont need that many baths as it drys out their scales --
Karrie

Beard314

Original Poster
Really? I would think they would have a full body shed similar to a snake, not in parts like the leg only. I didn't raise him from when he was small and have had him maybe a few months. He's an adult so I wasn't sure if he would shed again since I figured he grew as big as he would get.
How long does it typically take to shed that off and get back to normal color? And thank you so much for answering my post and helping me out, I was really worried because it didn't look right. I really care for my pets and want the best possible care and life for my beardie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom