Dragon DYING from Heat Stroke PLS HELP

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Dragon DYING from Heat Stroke PLS HELP

Postby alisonmalo » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:21 am

My mom left my 5 month old bearded dragon in the sun in a glass cage outside in the sun. I know you shouldn’t do that in a glass cage. I am devastated. Please help me.

He was running around in cage with his mouth open, when we put him inside. We took him out as the cage was burning and put him in a bowl of cold water. He looked better and his skin went from yellow to a normal color.

An hour and a half has passed, and his back legs and head are completley black. He tries to move (his front legs are fine) but he drags his back legs, and they seem destroyed.

Please help me and tell me what I can do ASAP
alisonmalo
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Dragon DYING from Heat Stroke PLS HELP

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:56 am

OMG --- he has suffered a severe heat stroke and I am not sure what you can do now---- it sounds neurological at this point -- do not turn his basking lights on -- keep him on the cool side of the tank like 80 but I am not sure what else to do except get him into the vet
www.arav.org a reptile vet --- call them today------ dont know if anyone is open but tell them its an emergency --- I am so sorry ---
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Drache613 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:27 am

Hello,

Oh wow, I am so sorry for you & your dragon. I hope he is able to recover, but at the
moment, all you can do is keep him cooler & let him rest. Waiting is the hardest part,
but if he can hang in there until Monday, maybe try to find a vet that can see him if he
is still with you.
Have you tried offering him any water with a plastic dropper or syringe?
We will all be thinking about you & your dragon.

Tracie
Drache613

Postby kingofnobbys » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:05 am

CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : , Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Gutzy (F) rescued 27Sep19 - RIP 3Aug20 (est 12 yo), Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER