Something is wrong with my bearded dragons eye!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cece

I am a recent owner to my male bearded dragon I got him on the 3rd and so far he has been good. Today I walked to see him and he was in his basking spot and his eyes seemed to be swollen and stuck out double more than usual and on his left side there was a white red tissue sticking out intermittently as if going with his heart beat I called for my sister to see it and he immediately stopped it. The swelling went down and he’s completely normal now I’ve been trying to see if he would do it again and tape it. But he otherwise seems completely healthy is eating all of his food and he recently partly shed. Can someone pls help me I really hope he is ok!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What you just described sounds like to me that he was what is called "eye bulging" that they
do prior to shedding their head/face & eyes. You didn't get a picture of that did you? LOL
If you can post some pictures of his eye (s), we can take a look at your dragon.
Which UVB light are you using currently?

Tracie

Cece

Original Poster
He has a zoo terrarium hood with an Arcadia D3 UVB/UVA tube, it lays across his whole tank. And in his basking spot he has a zoo med basking bulb. In his basking spot the temp is around 95-100 Fahrenheit and hot side is 90 Fahrenheit and his cool side is around 80 degrees Fahrenheit. And in the morning before I turn on his lights he is usually 70-69 degrees. He gets taken out everyday for sunlight and interaction. I’ve also been giving him regular baths and misting him twice a day and keeping his humidify at 40 so he can shed properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom