Tail rot? And then woke up to a hole in his tail!

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Re: Tail rot? And then woke up to a hole in his tail!

Postby adventureswithnorman » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:22 pm

KarrieRee wrote:I don't know but I do have a really good vet - few years ago I spent almost $500 on mine trying to figure out why was not eating - turns out there was nothing wrong w/ him - all kinds of test x-rays you name it he was healthy it was just him he wasn't losing weight -- one day he just started eating again - he's not a big eater-- so I just keep an eye on his weight- I will find out about a amputation tho I am gonna take mine to the vet in July for a well check---
Karrie

yes im curious
adventureswithnorman
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby AHBD » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:35 pm

That's what I thought, everything under the scales from that point is infected and that condition could kill him if not amputated. Fortunately they don't feel much pain even in that condition . Glad that your vet knows what it is and what to do, I think the cost is about average . Sorry that you have had this shock and expense though ,but everything should [ hopefully ] turn out just fine.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby WinFam01 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:42 pm

Yikes!
I am glad you were vigilant and caught it before it got to his body!
Did the vet have an idea what could have caused it? It's a little scary as a new owner to think all can seem fine and then BAM!
Best of luck to you and your guy!
---
Tish

3 human kids, 1 furkid, and 1 repchild - Bored at home, nah!
WinFam01
Juvie Poster

Postby adventureswithnorman » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:17 pm

WinFam01 wrote:Yikes!
I am glad you were vigilant and caught it before it got to his body!
Did the vet have an idea what could have caused it? It's a little scary as a new owner to think all can seem fine and then BAM!
Best of luck to you and your guy!

She didn’t really say other than possibly he didn’t shed his tail and the skin suffocated it. And I did slightly nick his tail a few months ago in the door :( so it could be either.
adventureswithnorman
Newbie Poster

Postby Drache613 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:52 am

Hello,

Poor dragon, having to get part of his tail amputated. Well, he will be fine, a lot of dragons
have had tail problems & had to get partial amputations. At least you caught it in time before
he had his health affected.
Hopefully he will do very well once all of this is taken care of. Keep us posted on him!

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Beardie ER