Strange yellow scales on baby beardy's head

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyAries

Hi! I'm new here and new to bearded dragon ownership. Today I noticed this yellowing on Gadzook's head and I got really worried. Little dude also ate very little yesterday and not a whole lot today. I've seen one post about something similar and they said it was new skin from a previous shed area. I also saw things about yellow fungus. My dad and I don't have the money for a vet, and I am terrified of this being something serious. I don't know how to add a picture to a post yet. I'm on mobile. Please help!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm guessing it's just shedding skin and nothing to worry about. On a mobile you can click the green menu button on the upper left side of the page and scroll down to user image upload manager (I keep this page bookmarked on my phone for quick access). Click on New Upload and press choose file. Select a file from your phone and press upload. If it doesn't work, refresh the page and try again. You can repeat this for as many photos as you want.

Once you have uploaded the photo, come back to your thread here and when you reply use the XIMG button to select photos and put them into your reply.

LadyAries

Original Poster
Thanks!
108613-185684111.jpg
It's the very tip of the nose/mouth area. Sorry I don't know proper terminology. The thing that confused me is that Zookie shed their face earlier this week or last week. I also have photos from the 14th where the patch wasn't present.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't see any cause for concern. Just looks like natural yellow coloring around a shed area. The little guys shed frequently and sometimes back to back with their fast growth. I think Gadzook is fine =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom