Eevee's fight for survival after egg infection

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Re: Eevee's fight for survival after egg infection

Postby loljelloclowdz » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:27 pm

Rayn3bow09 wrote:Uggghhh.. I was worried about her poos recently.. and today was no different.. not so much runny.. but still covered in mucus.. and inside was nothing but undigested greens.. there wasn't one part that looked digested.. along with more grainy urates.. afterward I tried giving her a soak, but she was adamant she didn't want anything to do with the bath!!.. so I let her out, and she started running around the house..(I have been setting her up on a pillow outside her cage With her light hanging over the edge so she can come and go as she pleases while she's sick.. it's either that or watch her beg to be out all day.. can't say no to her knowing how bad she has felt.. anyway.. she started running from kitchen to livingroom.. then my worst nightmare happened!!!

she started digging in the carpet!!! I knew I could feel an egg in her belly still!! It wasnt for very long and she eventually went back to her basking spot.. but idk what to do!! Do I give her a lay box again? I know the quack vet told me not to bc that's just telling her it's ok to produce eggs..I'm pissing off nature.. etc..if she's got some more and she's ready to lay them.. shouldn't I make her a spot and hope it goes more smoothly this time?! O God I'm so worried for my girl!!

Give her a lay box, she won’t make more eggs simply at the sight of a lay box. Her lay box is her sanitary napkin.
Marijke - 50% red 50% yellow hypo het trans female w/ blue bars from Kids And Dragons
loljelloclowdz
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Drache613 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:45 am

Hello!

How is Eevee doing?
I hope she is feeling better, bless her. Be sure she is getting plenty of calcium in her diet,
in her greens or a slurry you make for her.
Are her eyes looking better, still droopy?

Tracie
Drache613

Postby Rayn3bow09 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:14 am

hello.. been a few days since our last update.. and so far Eevee has been doing great!! I'm still scared to death about this clutch she's got brewing in her belly.. which is as big as ever.. still no sign of lay day.. she's still eating all on her own.. and she is back to pooping daily.. still looks weird with the mucus bubble around it etc.. she's still only at about 50% with her left leg..and still pretty swollen.. but Dr. Told me no on more antibiotics..so not sure what that's about..if I should be demanding more antibiotics..or what? The infection is obviously still an issue. Her eyes r looking more normal.. I'm almost positive she's about ready to shed as well. So besides her leg.. my main concern is her current egg situation.. I hope the fact that her last clutch got stuck/infected doesn't automatically doom her this time around.. if so.. is there anyway I will know before she's in trouble? I have no idea how long they have been brewing.. I guess since I'm prepared this time and I know the signs to look for once trouble starts.. ugh.. idk.. this better be it for her this year though.. I know that much!!
Peace...love...beardies
Rayn3bow09
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Beardie ER