Bearded Dragon, Bloody Lip

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon is a male, full-grown, and 3 years old. I have had him for 2 years and 11 months of his life, the first part of which was in the Petco store.

A week ago, I started noticing his lower lip looked odd..it almost looked like a scab of sorts, but I paid little attention to it, thinking it was a bit of Repashy that would come off quickly and easily by itself within a couple days.

I then went on a trip (3 days) and when I came back, it was more pronounced. Today, I was wiping some leftover Repashy off his lips with a tissue, and a bit of the dried stuff came off... it was a sizeable bit of scab, and it was a wound...! I wonder if anyone can tell me what it is. He does often sumo wrestle (what I call when he glass surfs...don't judge I named that behavior when I was younger and hit his lip on the glass with a loud bonk. Is this what caused it? What should I do to make it better? Is he going to be in pain? Please, just anything to help. I will enclose a couple of pictures in a second.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, get some raw unpasteurized honey to put on it twice a day and that should help very much. Raw honey has powerful natural antibacterial properties and is even used in human medicine now. Just be sure there are no loose insects in the tank that would attack his face now.

If he''s glass surfing, try to cover up at least part of it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's not too bad, are you sure it's not more Repashy ? Have you tried wiping it with a wet cloth ? BTW, are you sure he's really a he ? Has the size + head shape of a female, although that's not always a positive indicator of gender.

SavannahDragons

Original Poster
I know he's a male...here is the proof:
1. He had a sperm plug a couple weeks ago.
2. He is in a cage with a female, who got pregnant, laid eggs, the babies them hatching.
3. I watched the female dig and lay her eggs, so he wasn't the one to lay them.
4. He has the correct bulges for a male.

If you see him next to my female, he definitely looks like a male.

Yes, I tried wiping it, but the scab part literally came off and I could see into his lip, like the flesh inside his lip. It's definitely not Repashy. I was wiping relatively hard, but not enough that his lip would be bruised or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom