beardie has diarrhea, not eating vegetables

Status
Not open for further replies.

a4n

so this started awhile ago. at first she was also lethargic, wasnt eating, yadda yadda. went to the vet and she had parasites. got the medicine (cant remember the name) and everything was normal for a week or two. she wasnt lethargic anymore and she went and still goes crazy for roaches. she doesnt eat much of her veggies and has very smelly, wet, and huge poops.

i went back to the vet and he once again gave her medicine for her 'parasites', upping the dose. it had the same effect as last time.

i have her in a zen habitats 75 gallon tank, i have an exo terra 150 watt bulb, and a uvb florescent tube light.
we feed her escarole, collard greens, and a little bit of carrot.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
How old is your beardie? I find that my boy's stools are pretty large and wet when he eats a lot of dubias, and they definitely don't smell like roses (though I've been told that if it's parasite stink, BOY do you know it...). Did the vet run a second fecal test, or just assume that the parasite problem hadn't been kicked?

Maybe try changing up the greens and veggies you offer? My Figment has always been an apathetic salad eater (he's just about 1 year old and pet store bought, so this isn't really surprising) but he ADORES yellow squash and eats arugula more willingly than he eats other kinds of greens.

I'm sure more knowledgeable owners will also chime in on this. :)

a4n

Original Poster
ComicBookMama":1e931m29 said:
How old is your beardie? I find that my boy's stools are pretty large and wet when he eats a lot of dubias, and they definitely don't smell like roses (though I've been told that if it's parasite stink, BOY do you know it...). Did the vet run a second fecal test, or just assume that the parasite problem hadn't been kicked?

Maybe try changing up the greens and veggies you offer? My Figment has always been an apathetic salad eater (he's just about 1 year old and pet store bought, so this isn't really surprising) but he ADORES yellow squash and eats arugula more willingly than he eats other kinds of greens.

I'm sure more knowledgeable owners will also chime in on this. :)

mine is about a year or so. i got her in late july last year and she appeared to be a month old.

the vet ran one fecal test, which was the first time i took her. not sure why he didnt run a second one.

we do change up her diet aswell. sometimes we'll put some butternut squash in there (as a treat) or some mustard greens.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What are you using for a UVB --- and where is it on the tank or inside the tank?
Karrie

a4n

Original Poster
KarrieRee":gy2wjmm6 said:
What are you using for a UVB --- and where is it on the tank or inside the tank?
Karrie

zoo med florescent tube light on top of the tank. not sure how id get it inside. ive tried searching for solutions but cant find any

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is it a T 8 or a T 5- for T 8's they need to be inside the tank - they are not strong enough to go thru screen - for a T 8 distance needs to be 8-10 inches from basking decor directly underneath here is some ideas to hang
3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire –long plastic zip ties-- shoe laces potted plant wire hangers
for a T 5 it can sit on top of screen but basking decor needs to be 8-10 inches directly under it or inside the tank 12-15 inches from basking decor
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom