Please help!! My Bearded dragon is very ill

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
There is no reflector on your UVB? I would recommend getting a reflector on it or a fixture w/ a reflector --- the UVB would need to be directly over him w/ no reflector and approx 4-6 inches away to be effective -- w/a reflector its going to maximize the effectiveness of the rays --- my guess is this one of the reasons he is not eating -- along w/ the medication as well
Karrie

Rock20

Original Poster
Hi karrie, there is a reflector it's just very bright on the photo that you can't see it. If I put it on the ceiling it will be too far from him, any suggestions on what to do ??

Matthew

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Its a T 5 correct 12% bulb -- it needs to be 12-15 inches from basking decor NO closer --- and yes put it back directly overhead----
Karrie

Rock20

Original Poster
The uv is now 12 inches from his basking spot. I have his viv night temp at 21 c.. He still hasn't vomited and hasn't been mouth breathing today, he spent some time under the basking area and moved away. Bath time tomorrow and will try a slurry for him. Not sure about the emeraid ic for feeding, antibiotics injection aswell tomorrow.. I hope he gets some rest tonight.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok it looks good - hopefully some improvements - what is this--- Not sure about the emeraid ic for feeding? I dont know what that is -- Tracie or AHBD need to weigh in on that--
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok that is similar to the Critical care here in the states -- have you tried feeding him regular food his insects / salads?
Karrie

Rock20

Original Poster
I tried him with gut loaded live food but no interest whatsoever. He had some slurry a couple of hours ago with calcium, and he drank water from the feeding syringe. I'll make him another slurry tomorrow and see if he takes it, might try some leafy veg now he's not being sick, I was afraid he would choke on the leaves and veg.
Matthew

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The lighting looks better. It is directly overhead now? Are you putting a reflective fixture
around it also, to direct the light downward toward him more?
How did he like his slurry you made him? I hope he is feeling better. Be sure to keep
him a little warmer overnight to help boost his system.

Tracie

Rock20

Original Poster
Hi,
There is a reflector behind the uv, and it is directly over him now. He liked his slurry, I just dripped onto his tongue and he took most of it which is a good sign. Another antibiotic injection today and I've disposed of the metacam, no sickness at all since Friday. He looked comfy lastnight and I kept his viv warmer for him.

Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom