Not open for further replies.

Freddiw123

88935-875803424.jpg
88935-4518860569.jpg
88935-8407810894.jpg
88935-9720598636.jpg
88935-194436308.jpg
Hi,
My bearded dragon Dexter is 6 years old, he has been in the same 4’x 2’ cage with a mercury vapor bulb (150). I replace the bulb every 6-8 months and just bought a new one in march along with an extra uv bulb for the other side of the cage. He has been doing great since i got him at 1 years old from an expo, before and during christmas break he was crazy about food jumping off of his ramp to get some. I left back to college and my mom was saying he isn’t interested anymore, i didn’t think it was anything to worry about as he always goes into brumation and stops eating during cold months. However when I came back in april he still wasn’t interested so I took
him to the vet. She gave him fluids and took his blood. the blood results were fine except his phosphorous was low and his calcium was high like a reproductive female. I have been trying to syringe feed him reptiaid, baby food and pedialyte mixtures but it’s a struggle everyday and soaking daily. Took him back to the vet he got more fluids and an x ray x ray was normal besides his liver being small. Currently he looks awful, I try to feed him everyday and he’s been pooping small poops every few days but he is lethargic and completely uninterested in superworms or waxworms. Does anyone have any ideas? I’m taking him back to the vet on sunday so she can show me how to tube feed him and probably give more fluids. Thank you!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post pics of him and his tank and lighting --- Tracie our vet mod is going to need all this infor to help her --- we need basking temps and how your taking them -- how far distance is from basking spot the MVB is brand and wattage --- give her all his husbandry stuff so she knows and what possibly be the cause -- do you have copies of the blood work done if so post those so she can read them -- so your getting another opinion from another vet--- she comes on at nite
Karrie

Freddiw123

Original Poster
I posted pics of him, and his cage. Conveniently he just pooped so I included a picture of that if it helps. His basking area is 8 inch from the light. Unfortunately my thermometer busted 2 years ago and i didn’t get a new one as I assumed the temperatures would remain the same if i used the same bulbs however i will buy a new one. He also has no problems lying under the bulb and moving away so I don’t think it’s too hot or cold. It’s a zoomed MVB 150 Watts. I also do not have a copy of his blood work :( all i know is that things were fine besides phosphorous being low and calcium high, she also mentioned quickly at the second visit that his electrolytes were low so he is dehydrated

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Pics did not post-- you really need to get basking temps-- that is crucial- can you get his blood work have vet email them to you Tracie is gonna want to see them - they won't eat if they are dehydrated or if basking temps are off
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom