My Beardie ate Egg Crate!

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

My Beardie ate Egg Crate!

Postby DaraPow » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:48 am

HELP!
I'm new to being a beardie mom as I took him in after a friend couldn't have him.

Capone is a healthy 3yr old, but he decided to eat more than his crickets this morning. He got a piece of the EGG CRATE and won tug-o-war with me!

It's a bit larger than the space between his eyes.

He had about 4 crickets before gulping it down and stopped eating them right after. About 10 min later he chased after and ate a few more crickets. Now he is just hanging out, still alert, but not on his usual 'after-meal' perch.

What do I do!?
It was a pretty large piece. About an inch or more.

I'm so nervous!
DaraPow
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: My Beardie ate Egg Crate!

Postby AHBD » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:55 am

Hi there, it's somewhat common to hear that they eat foreign objects and as long as it wasn't too big they usually pass them. Since he's an adult he will probably pass it , keep him hydrated and give him some baby food sweet potato or squash, applesauce and a few drops of olive oil. You can mix that all together. In the next days to come give him a warmer than usual bath [ it stimulates them to poo ] but you probably won't see it for a few days, a week or even more.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER