Help!! My beardie is lowering his head down

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickie21

I found my beardie is lowering his head down in a noticeable and quick speed, and when his head almost lands the ground he straightens it up right away, and then his head lowers again. He repeats this several times and ends up lying low with head down, looking lazy and tired.(I recorded it but seems like I can’t post videos)

He coughs sometimes as well, and I found him vomiting mucus while sleeping twice.

I’m pretty sure he’s unhealthy, but i don’t know if it’s cold or pneumonia.

I was giving him roxithromycin (25mg daily, mixed with food) for seven days in a row, but I stopped bc I heard this medicine may cause food refusal.

He is active overall, but I’m still worried and hope can get some advice. Thank you all?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Use youtube and post the link in your post - why are you giving him meds?
Karrie

vickie21

Original Poster
KarrieRee":5odmesdz said:
Use youtube and post the link in your post - why are you giving him meds?
Karrie
Because I think he’s sick? And he has a lot of symptoms of having cold/pneumonia:coughing, vomiting, sleeping w his head up, breathing hard. These don’t occur often but they did happen, and I heard that pneumonia can be easily healed at early phases but deadly to beardies at later periods, so I gave him meds ?

vickie21

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3p0kltsv said:
So the meds were not prescribed by a vet?
Karrie
There’s no pet hospital for reptiles here in my city, so I did some research and asked people whose beardies have had pneumonia.I was told that I can give him penicillin, cephalosporin and roxithromycin, but have to be really careful with the amount. Then I chose rox.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Heres a link to see if you can find a vet near you www.arav.org
We have a vet mod on here her name is Drache613 or Tracie- she can better help you than I -- if you can post a pic of him and the video of the head bobbing thing - I am thinking its a mating behavior your describing right now but w/ you giving these meds I want to make sure -- video him using youtube them post your link in the message box and you can post pics of him and his tank lighting etc --
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie

vickie21

Original Poster
KarrieRee":ftc8lqo2 said:
Heres a link to see if you can find a vet near you http://www.arav.org
We have a vet mod on here her name is Drache613 or Tracie- she can better help you than I -- if you can post a pic of him and the video of the head bobbing thing - I am thinking its a mating behavior your describing right now but w/ you giving these meds I want to make sure -- video him using youtube them post your link in the message box and you can post pics of him and his tank lighting etc --
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie
Thank you! I’ll check the vet mod now! I’m sure it’s not a regular head bobbing, it’s his head descending in a noticeable speed. I’m working on the YouTube thing and I’ll post it as soon as I can. Thank you??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom