Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabbygirl016

My bearded dragon jumped out of my hand and onto the table. He landed on his head. Immediately afterward he was stunned. He wasn't moving and his mouth was open. Now he has a hump of sorts and keeps having seizures and his back legs and tails aren't really working. He goes from being lethargic to wanting to run around. Do you have any advice for me or what I should do? Is this normal after a head dive? Please help. I am worried about what is going on.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry to hear your dragon jumped onto a hard surface, they sure are daredevils
sometimes! How far of a fall/jump was it from you onto the table?
Is he responsive at all, breathing, etc? They can take awhile to regain their composure
after a jump or fall but I am not sure if seizures should be happening. It sounds like he has
injured his spine or has a head injury.
Do you have a vet that you could possibly get him in to see next week?
For now, try to keep him calm & stable to help him not hurt himself any further. Do you have
any pictures of him we could see?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

tabbygirl016

Original Poster
Little over 2 1/2 feet. Little one is still alive but when moves to much little one opens mouth and stiffens up. Moving about like normal just not much movement in the back legs. I called a vet but they didn't seem to hopefully about the survival. Today made a mix of water, calicum, and veg mix we got for little one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom