Bearded Dragon Bite—Deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lizzie is an adult, male, bearded dragon, full grown. He bit me today, scared by the outdoors, and it was maybe 1/5 of an inch deep; there was blood spilt, anyways. Should I worry about him ingesting my blood? Is it bad for them? Also, what can I do to stop him from biting me in the future, outdoors? I mean, it really hurt. Gosh.

Mine is scared of the outdoors too-- luckily he isn't a biter. I think it's okay unless you're sick if he ingested some blood. Is he always a biter?

SavannahDragons

Original Poster
Yes; I did wash it. No, he isn’t always a biter. In fact, this was the first time he willingly bit me. Other times he’s done, accidentally, when I held a worm a wrong way (I always have hand fed him). A few times before, he actually backed away from my finger when I gently let my finger into his mouth as an experiment. Of course, this was when he was smaller, maybe 10-12 inches long. I’m not sick, no, so it isn’t a problem then? Like I said, he’s bitten me accidentally before, so it shouldn’t be a problem for me, should it?

SavannahDragons":e307e90v said:
Yes; I did wash it. No, he isn’t always a biter. In fact, this was the first time he willingly bit me. Other times he’s done, accidentally, when I held a worm a wrong way (I always have hand fed him). A few times before, he actually backed away from my finger when I gently let my finger into his mouth as an experiment. Of course, this was when he was smaller, maybe 10-12 inches long. I’m not sick, no, so it isn’t a problem then? Like I said, he’s bitten me accidentally before, so it shouldn’t be a problem for me, should it?
It's good he doesnt always bite. He may never like it outside, but maybe if you just put him next to a window to look outside he will get used to it and may not bite if you bring him out.

SavannahDragons

Original Poster
Alright; I will try that. Do you know why he might be agitated outside? My other bearded dragon, Jaxy (a female) is remarkably fine outside. When there is a harsh or loud noise, she even runs into my lap and curls up with me (I read when I take them out.) Lizzie needs to be put on a leash, but Jax never runs off. She lingers within two feet from me. However, Lizzie nearly ran into a large bush today, right before he bit me, and I would have lost him if he hadn't been on the leash.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Oof, I’m still missing some skin from when Mari accidentally chomped my finger going at her worm - she went hard, too. Beardies eat the blood of insects, your blood won’t harm your dragon. Just make sure you clean your wound, I don’t want you getting an infection.

SavannahDragons

Original Poster
Thanks for your concern. Yes, no. I cleaned it very well. I'm not worried about me, however; I get bit by Lili Ann, my savannah monitor, daily. She doesn't draw blood, however. She's maybe 7-8 inches long. It's just I worried because bearded dragons in the wild don't really bite humans, and maybe we have something in our blood our something. I don't know. Anyways, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom