bleeding from genitals

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happened a couple days of ago (i didn't find this website until now) our dragon is a male name Stanley, hes a year old. So the incident that happened was we took him out of his tank to walk around a little afterwards he made his way to a body mirror we have and saw his reflection usually he doesn't react to aggressive he would usually hit his nose against it.

But this time he started the head tapping and then his beard started to turn black which we were use to because he has seen his reflection before he usually would give up because he cant attack it but he didn't. He then started to try and scratch the mirror.

then (this is the part about bleeding)he started to wiggle his tail up and down, he also started to move his body up and down at this point we were trying to get him a away from the mirror we did get him away from it but he continued and then his tail did a weird spin thing and his genitalia popped out or that's what we think had happened and then he passed out with his tail up and bleeding. We did carefully moved him into the sink to wash of the blood and everything but since then hes been very jumpy and active, along with a bit aggressive

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Wow have not heard of them doing this ---- I would say no more mirrors for him ---- some one else will haft to comment on this behavior
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He was most likely head bobbing at the "other lizard in the mirror" & possibly scratched
his hemipene which caused some bleeding. This has happened before but of course I am
not positive this is the case but most likely. Is he doing alright now?

Tracie

setphdragon

Original Poster
Drache613":2gmj1y41 said:
Hello,

He was most likely head bobbing at the "other lizard in the mirror" & possibly scratched
his hemipene which caused some bleeding. This has happened before but of course I am
not positive this is the case but most likely. Is he doing alright now?

Tracie
yes he's fine now just bit more jumpy as it says in the post but other that he's fine he's been eating and moving around for the most part, and thank you for your reply

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, I've seen this happen when one of my males was mating . What happens is they use their back feet /claws to clasp the female tightly to maneuver the hemipene for copulation but sometimes they grasp their organ and gouge it. They look like they're in a trance while mating, so they don't actually pass out. Your boy was grasping his own tail and did the same thing. Your boy will heal, just don't ever let him see himself in the mirror. It's not good for them to get so excited but have no outlet. Poor dude !

setphdragon

Original Poster
AHBD":1bmqkmbe said:
Yes, I've seen this happen when one of my males was mating . What happens is they use their back feet /claws to clasp the female tightly to maneuver the hemipene for copulation but sometimes they grasp their organ and gouge it. They look like they're in a trance while mating, so they don't actually pass out. Your boy was grasping his own tail and did the same thing. Your boy will heal, just don't ever let him see himself in the mirror. It's not good for them to get so excited but have no outlet. Poor dude !

thank you we were so clueless:)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's good to hear he is doing much better. He might be a little sore but he will be just
fine.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom