Leg Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
Anyone have experience with a leg injury. Poor Mr. Pickles was limping badly when I let him out for roam time yesterday. You can see in the pics he's keeping the leg almost straight back when he is laying down and trying his best not to put weight on it. We have an appointment tomorrow with the vet but I feel so bad (and responsible) for this. How do beadies do with leg injuries? And hopefully this won't break the piggie bank in vet costs.
full

full

I also have no idea how this happened. He didn't fall (at least not with me). All I can assume is he stage dove out of his hammock and landed wrong.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Or he could of gotten his nail caught in the hammock -- I would take the hammock out and replace w/ some thing more solid for him to sit on --- are you using this hammock for basking if so replace w/ something that he doesnt need to climb on --- my guess he might have sprained it really bad or pulled a muscle hopefully nothing is broke but you wont know til Xrays are done --- You can get a platform something like this
97951-646706946.jpg
if you look in the back of the tank that gold decor piece would work so he can lay on it and not actually haft to climb -- see if you can get something like that -- his beard doesnt seem to be black so hes not in distress or pain -- which is good ---
Karrie

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The hammock is usually what he sleeps in. It's one of the rope style hammocks not the nylon mess but I suppose he could have gotten caught in it. When he basks he usually sits on top of his hide or the log I have in there for him. For now I did remove the hammock as I don't want him climbing. I'm just stressing out about it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok well I would keep the hammock out for now and see how it goes --- I know they like them but for injuries these things tend to cause a lot --- usually its nails getting caught in them
Karrie

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Had Pickles checked out yesterday and he has a sprained wrist. Vet gave me anti inflammatory and pain meds for him and says he should be right as rain in a few weeks. Pickles however is pissed at the loss of his hammock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom