Lizard having seizures and wont respond just flinching ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaDerp

I cant even touch her without her flinching. I tried putting her in water but she seemed to be struggling with lifting her head. I also kept attempting to feed her but she wont eat. For the past 4 hours i’ve been warming her up, keeping her under a light, and trying to feed her. She sits completely still, but starts flinching when i touch her. Earlier, she started having a weird mucus come from her mouth and she seems to be asleep, cause she hasnt opened her eyes once. Please help, all the vets nearby are closed.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Can you post pics of her use the image uploader at the top of the page in the banner after you download them click on XIMG at the top.of the message box then click on the pic it should post- she sounds in bad shape - what are your basking temps and how are you taking them? No stick ons they are inaccurate-- UVB what are you using?.coil or tube?
Karrie

JennaDerp

Original Poster
108085-8962314799.jpg

I try to keep her at around 90 degrees, but when its really hot outside my mom brings her outside. I use this light. (2 Pack) Zoo Med Reptisun 10.0 Uvb Mini Compact Fluorescent https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015HU2HF8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_LAFWEb37Z86PB

I’ve been trying to feed her lots of different foods but she refuses to eat anything recently. She only accepts worms and lettuce at this point. I don’t know what to do now cause she wont eat at all and i’m afraid she wont make it through the night.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so did she get over heated outside? How long has she been this way? Do not try and feed her anymore- the UVB you have is one of the worst- don't use it--- the outside sun is better than that UVB- her basking temps are only 90 degrees? That is not hot enough she needs temps 95-110-- she needs a good UVB - how long is she outside for? I need more info-- what are you using for a basking bulb? She probably is calcium deficient from improper UVB-
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is she cold? Is she responding to water? Can you see her breathing? Any response from her at all?
Karrie

JennaDerp

Original Poster
https://www.chewy.com/zoo-med-repti-basking-reptile-spot/dp/126603?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=Zoo%20Med&utm_term=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrvPG5rS86QIVio7ICh0u6g7gEAQYASABEgIhRPD_BwE
That is the basking bulb i use. she started having seizures a few hours ago, but she was completely fine yesterday. She has always been extremely picky with her food and refuses to eat anything that is dead, but its been super bad in the past few weeks. im seriously concerned cause she wont move, she just flinches when i touch her. Is there anything i can do currently to make sure she survives through the night? Also, do you mind giving me basking light and uvb light suggestions?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Keep her warm overnite- the heating pad you need to keep her tank around 80 degrees- so what are you using for temps in tank? Do you have a digital probe thermometer? You are going to need to go get a UVB tomorrow- you need a 18 or 20 inch fixture actually 24 but I don't think your gonna find one in your petstore- you can try - you need to look for this fixture w/ reflector-- and get a Reptisun 10.0 bulb--- a T 8 for the 18 or 20 fixture or a T 5 for a 24" fixture-- you can use a zilla or thrive fixture but you must have the Reptisun bulb--- at this point no lights on in tank--- keep.her on the heating pad w/ it on low- if you don't have a digital probe- get one tomorrow $6-- I would get her into a reptile vet--- ASAP-- here is a website to find a vet
www.arav.org
I am thinking she is calcium deficient w/ the seziures- please keep me posted- I am hoping she pulls thru this
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your girl is in bad shape, poor thing.
As suggested, the compact/coil UVB lights are not real good & she probably does have a
calcium deficiency. My concern is that she has gotten too hot possibly. Was she like this
before bringing her in from outdoors?
What type of enclosure is she in when she is outdoors?
Try to get her hydrated if you can, but slowly so she doesn't choke. Can you get her to a
vet at all?

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

JennaDerp

Original Poster
I’m very sorry. She died overnight. We buried her with a tree i planted a year ago. We couldn’t really do anything, all the vets nearby were closed and she started acting weird suddenly. We tried our best and kept watch on her, but i believe she is in much less pain now.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am so sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: Those coil UVB's are killers of dragons ---- it makes me so mad that are selling them things ---- when they start to go off their food it is best to get help right away so it can be determined if its just them or if its lighting issues etc --- we also suspected heat stroke --- that too would of caused the sudden behavior but I am guessing it may have been a combination of both - if they sometimes get too hot they can bounce back but w/ her having seizures like she did is a good guess it was also calcium related --- again I am sorry ---- if you decide at some point you get another one please ask questions before you get another one so we can help you get the correct setup for them
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry for your loss, that is so heart breaking to lose one like that. :cry: They
are such sweet souls. At least she had you & wasn't alone.

Tracie

Im so sorry I had a very similar thing happen to my baby. I'm getting more and more frustrated about those bulbs they should be regulated by someone. Im going to wait and learn before I find another one I want to give the next one the best life possible thats all I wanted for Kota too RIP buddy momma misses you a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom