Emerson is stuck under the fridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerson33

Okay I’m new to the world of parenting a baby bearded dragon. I was holding him in the living room, he zoomed outta my hand and before I could catch him, he ran under the fridge. What do I do??? I can’t even see him. I don’t want to move the fridge in case I hurt him. (I already know I sound like an *****. Pls help)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Get help first- get a flashlight see if you can see where he is- go from there
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, this type of scenario has happened to a large majority of people, so don't feel
too bad. They are super fast & it's hard to catch when they run all out speeds. LOL
Definitely don't try to move the fridge without knowing exactly where he is so it doesn't
hurt him by moving the fridge.
Have you tried to coerce him out by his favorite food or a basking light for him to warm
up under?

Tracie

Emerson33

Original Poster
I was able to locate him at the very back of the fridge and move it slowly and get him out. Was so worried. Thank you!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is excellent news you were able to get Emerson out from behind the refrigerator & that
he was fine! He was a naughty dragon then. :D

Tracie

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
You should get a rubber snake from the dollar store (I know the dollar store isn't open, but you know those little toys?) and stick it in front of the fridge so next time he's like "oh hell nah" and doesn't run over there. XD (I must warn you that you might scare yourself on occasion if you do this. I did this to deter mice in my garage, and I have sustained many injuries after coming home late from Uni and seeing a "snake" next to my foot, so I threw the stupid thing away because I got tired of being spooked by it.)

SPandS

Juvie Member
Around here dollar stores are open but instead of getting a rubber snake you could get those pool noodles and put them around things you dont want him getting under like the fridge, couches, dressers and things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom