Pink scales

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Pink scales

Postby CrunchyBeardedBaby » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:32 am

[Click image to enlarge]
My beardie was shedding, and I saw some of her scales were a pink color As if the shed came off too early. I don’t know what this means. [Click image to enlarge]
someone please help I’m terrified.
CrunchyBeardedBaby
Hatchling Poster
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:46 pm
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Pink scales

Postby AHBD » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:54 pm

Hi there, they can look off color during a shed, including pinkish. I don't see anything wrong at all there, your baby looks 100 % fine !
AHBD
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 24746
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:20 am

Re: Pink scales

Postby CrunchyBeardedBaby » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:26 pm

AHBD wrote:Hi there, they can look off color during a shed, including pinkish. I don't see anything wrong at all there, your baby looks 100 % fine !

Hi! Thanks.. the shed came off though of those parts of the leg that’s why I’m freaking out
CrunchyBeardedBaby
Hatchling Poster
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:46 pm

Re: Pink scales

Postby Claudiusx » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:33 pm

If the shed came off by itself, nothing to worry about. If you "helped" the shed come off, you might have exposed raw skin that wasn't ready to be exposed yet. So definitely never help them shed if that's what happened.

If not, I agree with AHBD, I see nothing real concerning there :)

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
User avatar
Claudiusx
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 18867
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:44 pm
Location: California

Re: Pink scales

Postby CrunchyBeardedBaby » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:58 pm

Claudiusx wrote:If the shed came off by itself, nothing to worry about. If you "helped" the shed come off, you might have exposed raw skin that wasn't ready to be exposed yet. So definitely never help them shed if that's what happened.

If not, I agree with AHBD, I see nothing real concerning there :)

-Brandon

I did help with the shed :( she looked like she was having a really hard time with the shed. Helene it doesn’t look like raw skin exactly and she also doesn’t flinch or anything when I pitched it nor when I helped with the shedding. Here is an updated picture [Click image to enlarge]
CrunchyBeardedBaby
Hatchling Poster
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:46 pm
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Pink scales

Postby LimKH » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:10 pm

CrunchyBeardedBaby wrote:
Claudiusx wrote:If the shed came off by itself, nothing to worry about. If you "helped" the shed come off, you might have exposed raw skin that wasn't ready to be exposed yet. So definitely never help them shed if that's what happened.

If not, I agree with AHBD, I see nothing real concerning there :)

-Brandon

I did help with the shed :( she looked like she was having a really hard time with the shed. Helene it doesn’t look like raw skin exactly and she also doesn’t flinch or anything when I pitched it nor when I helped with the shedding. Here is an updated picture [Click image to enlarge]

He/she looks don't to me tbh. I'm not sure about the others perspective.
LimKH
Hatchling Poster
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:00 am
Location: Malaysia

Re: Pink scales

Postby CrunchyBeardedBaby » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:10 pm

LimKH wrote:
CrunchyBeardedBaby wrote:
Claudiusx wrote:If the shed came off by itself, nothing to worry about. If you "helped" the shed come off, you might have exposed raw skin that wasn't ready to be exposed yet. So definitely never help them shed if that's what happened.

If not, I agree with AHBD, I see nothing real concerning there :)

-Brandon

I did help with the shed :( she looked like she was having a really hard time with the shed. Helene it doesn’t look like raw skin exactly and she also doesn’t flinch or anything when I pitched it nor when I helped with the shedding. Here is an updated picture [Click image to enlarge]

He/she looks don't to me tbh. I'm not sure about the others perspective.

Sorry, Looks not what?
CrunchyBeardedBaby
Hatchling Poster
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:46 pm

Re: Pink scales

Postby LimKH » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:39 pm

He/she looks fine to me* XD I didn't double check
LimKH
Hatchling Poster
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:00 am
Location: Malaysia

Re: Pink scales

Postby CrunchyBeardedBaby » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:53 pm

LimKH wrote:He/she looks fine to me* XD I didn't double check

Okay thank you guys! I was freaking out because the shed was very white when I helped (which I realize now I should not have done) but the pinkish was really freaked me our
CrunchyBeardedBaby
Hatchling Poster
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:46 pm
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


Return to Beardie ER

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users