BEARDIE THREW UP 4 TIME WHAT IS WRONG??

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

BEARDIE THREW UP 4 TIME WHAT IS WRONG??

Postby Madison » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:08 am

Ok so I just lost my beardie to kidney problems. One of my others has thrown up at least 4 times already. She has an black beard and is acting normal, just pancaking on her log. I am extremely worried that something is wrong because she it throwing up. She just came out of brumation and eats here and there. Is she ok? I can send photos of the enclosure and her if it is needed please help...
Madison
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:34 pm
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: BEARDIE THREW UP 4 TIME WHAT IS WRONG??

Postby AHBD » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:21 am

Sorry to hear it. It's most likely very serious, do you have an experienced [ only ] reptile vet ? Here's how to post pics :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Can you also describe her diet, how much water she gets, what type of lighting you have , what supplements you use exactly and how often ?
AHBD
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 24768
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:20 am

Re: BEARDIE THREW UP 4 TIME WHAT IS WRONG??

Postby KarrieRee » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:39 am

Yes please post pics
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict
 
Posts: 9093
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: BEARDIE THREW UP 4 TIME WHAT IS WRONG??

Postby Madison » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:50 am

AHBD wrote:Sorry to hear it. It's most likely very serious, do you have an experienced [ only ] reptile vet ? Here's how to post pics :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Can you also describe her diet, how much water she gets, what type of lighting you have , what supplements you use exactly and how often ?

We don’t have or know a vet that treats just reptiles. She eats superworms, kale, collard greens, blueberries, strawberries, and had spring mix. When we gave the spring mix, it might have caused problems, do they throw up to get something out of their system? She is offered water everyday and drinks some. We have a heat lamp with a UVB mounted on the side. She hasn’t been given any supplements before. She acts normal but her beard is unusual black and I am stress it might mean she is distressed.
    [Click image to enlarge]
    [Click image to enlarge]
Madison
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:34 pm

Re: BEARDIE THREW UP 4 TIME WHAT IS WRONG??

Postby Claudiusx » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:53 am

Hi there,

When is the last time she had a bowel movement?

It's possible that she is impacted, she does look quite plump. And she would throw up if she was continuing to eat while not being able to pass her waste.

What type of woodchips are those?

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
User avatar
Claudiusx
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 18889
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:44 pm
Location: California

Re: BEARDIE THREW UP 4 TIME WHAT IS WRONG??

Postby Madison » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:56 am

Claudiusx wrote:Hi there,

When is the last time she had a bowel movement?

It's possible that she is impacted, she does look quite plump. And she would throw up if she was continuing to eat while not being able to pass her waste.

What type of woodchips are those?

-Brandon

We bought the wood chips from our local pet store to replace sand and she is monitored while eating her greens.
The last time was yesterday, and she had 2 poops with just a bit of white after her normal poop and it was normal. Does she need a vet to help impaction?
Madison
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:34 pm

Re: BEARDIE THREW UP 4 TIME WHAT IS WRONG??

Postby Claudiusx » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:58 am

Ok, if she is pooping she isn't impacted. especially if the poo's were normal.

How long have the chips been in there? Do you have the bag they came in, or know what type of chips they are?

If she ate a large amount of food, that can also cause them to throw up. But keeping a black beard definitely means shes in distress still.

How is she acting now?

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
User avatar
Claudiusx
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 18889
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:44 pm
Location: California

Re: BEARDIE THREW UP 4 TIME WHAT IS WRONG??

Postby Madison » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:05 am

Claudiusx wrote:Ok, if she is pooping she isn't impacted. especially if the poo's were normal.

How long have the chips been in there? Do you have the bag they came in, or know what type of chips they are?

If she ate a large amount of food, that can also cause them to throw up. But keeping a black beard definitely means shes in distress still.

How is she acting now?

-Brandon

We have had them for close to a year, I think they are normal wood chips that are for beardies since it came from the shop we bought her.
She just came out of brumation a couple weeks ago, and she has eaten a good amount of food, the past 2 days she hasn’t eaten anything.
She is currently perked up sunning herself in her basking spot that is at 88-90 degrees, closing and opening her eyes to look at around.
Madison
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:34 pm
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: BEARDIE THREW UP 4 TIME WHAT IS WRONG??

Postby AHBD » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:08 pm

EDIT....I saw the other post that she had died, I'm so sorry. :( Or am I getting the 2 mixed up ? If this one is still alive what does the vomit look like ?
Last edited by AHBD on Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 24768
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:20 am

Re: BEARDIE THREW UP 4 TIME WHAT IS WRONG??

Postby Madison » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:14 pm

AHBD wrote:EDIT....I saw the other post that she had died, I'm so sorry. :(

Thank you for the support...
That’s why I am here to make sure my others don’t go down the same path...
Madison
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:34 pm

Re: BEARDIE THREW UP 4 TIME WHAT IS WRONG??

Postby AHBD » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:15 pm

Is this one still alive ? If so what did the vomit look like ?
AHBD
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 24768
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:20 am

Re: BEARDIE THREW UP 4 TIME WHAT IS WRONG??

Postby Madison » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:25 pm

AHBD wrote:Is this one still alive ? If so what did the vomit look like ?

Yes she is still alive
It was purple ish with a little bit of red and green.
I had fed her spring mix, which turned out wasn’t good for her so I was wondering if they throw up food they can’t eat? And her beard is unusual black and yellow? I am just stressed she might be sick...
Madison
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:34 pm

Re: BEARDIE THREW UP 4 TIME WHAT IS WRONG??

Postby AHBD » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:29 pm

It wouldn't be the spring mix at all, I have used it in my dragon's salad for years. Was there any wood chips or blood ?
AHBD
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 24768
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:20 am

Re: BEARDIE THREW UP 4 TIME WHAT IS WRONG??

Postby Madison » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:32 pm

AHBD wrote:It wouldn't be the spring mix at all, I have used it in my dragon's salad for years. Was there any wood chips or blood ?

No wood chips. It was purple with red, but before there was a bit more blood than normal.
Madison
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:34 pm

Re: BEARDIE THREW UP 4 TIME WHAT IS WRONG??

Postby AHBD » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:50 pm

I wish I could help you, it sounds like you'll need an ultrasound or xray for your girl.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 24768
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:20 am
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Next

Return to Beardie ER

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AllaB123, WhiteHart