Bearded dragon not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got my baby nearly a month ago but with his size I’d say he’s only 10 weeks old so I think they gave him me early. When I first got him he would eat only one locust now and again which I put down to relocation stress but then he actually started eating properly 10+ locusts every feeding. And all of a sudden for the last week he has only been eating a few bugs, the most he’s ate in a day recently is 4. He’s eating little pieces of squash but he just won’t eat no matter how many times I offer him bugs. He’s still pooping, mainly the white urate because he drinks water. He is shedding I’m just so worried, it doesn’t seem like he’s losing weight but I think he may be abit to skinny. His basking temp is 40 degrees Celsius and he has an Arcadia 10% +d3 uvb tube. His vivarium is 4ftx2x2. I’m just so worried about him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How big are the insects your feeding? Where is the Arcadia? Is it in the tank or on top of screen? Basking temp is good are you offering a gradient for temps so he can pick a spot where he wants to bask? You should be feeding a variety of greens -- here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its good to feed as a staple
Have you tried different insects?
Karrie

YodaTheDragon

Original Poster
The locust are pretty small and are definitely small enough for him to eat. His Arcadia is inside the vivarium at the top not blocked by a screen. And he has a gradient and is active and uses the cool side, he basks, climbs and always looks out the glass. I did give him dandelion leaves yesterday and he ate the tiniest bit and he’ll also sometimes have a calcium worm.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
ok I would be offering him salads every day they like variety --- I would get put your calci worms on top of his salad and use as many as you want they are a good staple feeder that way it will draw him to the salad bowl --- I would also get him some medium super worms and some butter worms as well and add them 1-3 to the salad bowl to entice him to the bowl --- you can order from here www.dubiaroaches.com - I feed roaches they are easier to care for and last longer than crickets --- they are also good to put in the salad bowl as well after they've eaten for like an hr from the bowl - silk worms are also good for a staple feeder too---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom