Found a bearded dragon and he looks like hes dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I found a dragon in the park. He looks like he's in really bad shape. He pretty much just bones. I used to have a dragon a few years ago but gave him away to a close friend because I was moving away and couldn't take him with me. He doesn't want to eat and I tried feeding him baby food but nothing. He honestly looks like he's about to die and it breaks my heart. I dont know what to do. I don't want him to die in my hands because its too hard on me. I get too attached way to fast. I'm not sure where I can take him for help. There is a reptile vet nearby should I take him there? Do you think they will be able to take him in without them trying to charge me anything? Hes not mine and differently don't have the money to pay vet fees.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry, that is always so sad when this happens. He either got lost or someone dumped
him off unfortunately.
Where are you located & can you post just a quick picture?
I would imagine that you could take him into the reptile vet & surrender him without any costs,
most of the time. If he is in that bad of shape though, they would likely just put him down.
You don't have any lighting or anything you could try to set him up in, temporarily?
I know, it is very difficult in these cases.

Let us know how things are going.
Tracie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hopefully a nearby vet can take him in. Do you have an animal shelter nearby? That may be another option.

I would try offering him some water. Drip water on his nose and see if he licks it up. You can also fill a small dish and flick at the water to try and get his attention. If you can get him to drink it will be a good step forward.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any news on finding a rescue or a vet to take in the dragon? I hope that he didn't pass
away on you before you could get him some help.
Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom