Beardy female black beard

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmilyDragon21

Hello,

Our female dragon is 18 months old, she went into brumation back in November...she has been awake for 2 weeks...so we have the lights back on and temps back up.

She has been showing a darker beard on and off since she woke up and won’t eat anything!! She has had a bowel movement and all looked healthy and normal.

She is constantly asking to come out of her tank and be held and then running around for 10 minutes. Once she is out her beard soon becomes her regular colour.

Is it possible she could lay a clutch before she eats again? She is a good weight and hasn’t lost much fat during brumation.

I’m keen to know if anyone else’s female dragon has laid eggs after brumation before eating as normal again???

Any advice or help greatly received...thank you!

☺️☺️☺️☺️?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My male shows similar behavior after brumation. He will get really hyper and run all over the place. He gets upset when he is locked in his tank and will black beard and glass surf. After a while his energy calms back down and his appetite comes back. He will lose a little bit of weight during this time, but then put it back on when his appetite comes back. This happens over the course of a month or so.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

A lot of the females do tend to develop eggs while in brumation or when they start coming out
of brumation because of elevated hormone levels.
You could consider making a laybox for her just in case she does eventually need to lay some
eggs.
Have you double checked the temperatures in her tank to be sure they are all optimal?
You could post some pictures of her & the tank setup so we could see her condition, if you would
like.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom