Dehydration ? Mouth rot ? Yellow fungus ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't think that's what it is. Has Nugget been getting powdered calcium mixed in her smoothies ? It just looks injured, or it could be gout. Poor Nug. You could ask the vet if a shot was given in the arm.

NuggetsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I sprinkled some calcium in his smoothie but maybe not enough. His next follow up apt is next week. What would cause gout ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Tracie [ Drache613 ] is pretty good with info on gout. Shoot her a p.m if she doesn't see this today.

NuggetsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks I did PM her. Meanwhile I did some searches in the forum & found suggestions to give black cherry extract so I’ve given that today and will call the vet tomorrow. The benebac I ordered should be in tomorrow. With it I ordered some bee pollen, dandelion powder, glycerine serum & comfrey cream. So hopefully a combination of that will help as well

NuggetsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Nugget didn’t make it ? I’m still trying to understand what happened . At the vet yesterday He had an enema & fluids which seemed to have perked him up, but again he passed small amounts of blood tinged urate. He only ate a few licks of slurries& then i gave him a bath. In the bath he got a burst of energy and tried to run - I think he was trying to poop. He slipped off the rock I use to prop him up and his head briefly went under water For less then a second . I immediately dried him off and put him on an incline in his hammock and bumped up the heat as I was scared he’s develop a URI on top of his other issues. He immediately began to vomit some brown / slurrie water . He would lay still then all of a sudden run or glass surf and then vomit. He continued to vomit throughout the night. There’s no way he ingested as much water in the tub that he spit out throughout the evening. He only had his head under the water very very briefly but he threw up so much of what looked like his slurries. Maybe he was just so backed up ? I don’t know. I held him at an incline as he vomited throughout the evening and he died in my arms. My heart is broken. I’m grateful he didn’t suffer & it happened quick. If he continued to fight the gout I’m sure he would have more miserable final days. I’ll miss him forever. Thank you everyone for all your help during his care ❤

This is how I will remember him

107445-1492223358.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I feel terrible --- he went thru so much and you tried so hard --- :( -- poor baby --- we are not fond of enemas on here they can cause so much damage especially if they the vet dont know what they are doing --- again I am so sorry
Karrie

NuggetsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I wonder if it was the enema that killed him.

He did dip his head under water slightly after a frantic movement. Once I put him back in his tank he continued to have frantic movements before vomiting. I initially blamed myself for him coming off the rock and dipping his head under water. But there is no way he I hailed as much as he vomited. He got up quite a bit before giving up ?

Maybe a blessing if it was the enema. He was unlikely to recover from the gout in the stage he was in it seemed. He went quick in my arms and did not choke in his sleep or anything . We will be picking him up from cremation in a few days. Can’t wait to have him home again ❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom