My beardy is restless and possibly gravid? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maku2002

Note *I purchased my bearded dragon on March 24, 2019. This was almost a year ago, and I bought her as a juvenile, so I'm fairly certain she is at least a year old at this point. If I had to guess her age I'd say a year and 2-3 months old. If she WAS gravid, she would be infertile.*

Everything has been completely fine and dandy except now. For the past week and a half she has been restless, scratching at the glass, and not eating as much as she usually does. Besides barely eating, she hasn't lost much weight. These are all symptoms of a gravid beardy. I went and bought a 27 gallon tub, and filled it with 50lb of play sand. I then moistened the sand with warm water so she isn't cold when digging. When I put her into the sand, she doesn't dig at all, and she keeps trying to escape the tub. I don't know what the problem is :(

She currently lives in a 40 gallon tank with a green repticarpet substrate. She eats hornworms and superworms coated with calcium powder along with collard and mustard greens. Temp is normal with hot and cool side.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Are you sure she is female? Next what are you using for a UVB? Brand and bulb? Next I would change over to a better staple feeder like dubia roaches - horn worms and super worms are not a real good staple feeder - its nice offering those as a treat but to feed as a staple - if you can post pic of the tank and lighting we can see if there is an issue causing the glass surfing etc
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post ---- next what are the basking temps and how are you taking them? NO stick ons they are inaccurate
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Please send some pictures of your dragon, the tank setup & the tub for laying eggs, just so
we can see how it all looks.
Are you giving her a good amount of calcium, in case she is developing infertile eggs. It
is pretty hard on them to lay & it zaps their calcium stores.
Sometimes though, it does take them a little while to get comfortable with their lay boxes
or to know what to do if they are young.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom