Puberty or something worst?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RjAvery

I got a baby beardy 8 months ago so he’s around 10 months. He’s always been a little bit of a glass surfer but apart from that a really good boi. Recently however that’s taken a drastic change. He seems to hate me as whenever I take him out to hang out he runs as far way from me as he can and just stares at me, he hates being held which is a change. He makes a mess in his terrarium throwing around his dried food and decor. Worst of all the past couple of days he hasn’t been eating at all. I’ve tried crickets, hornworms, butter worms, super worms everything I can get from my local pet store and he just won’t eat it. Has this happened to anyone and if so how do I stop it! Just want my guy to be happy

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It could be hormones but lets go over the lighting in the tank -- what are you using for a UVB coil or tube where in the tank is it on top or inside and what are the basking temps and how are you taking them? We need to see if its related to the lighting
Karrie

RjAvery

Original Poster
He’s in a 36x18x18 40 gallon and the basking area sits right around 110 using a zoomed thermostat. His UVB shares a dual lamp setup with the basking light over his basking area and I do use coiled UVB. I’ve been looking at fluorescent bar UVB but there a little expensive so I’m waiting till I can get some cash to buy one

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Replace as soon as you can visit this website http://www.pangeareptiles.com they have a fixture/ hood 24" for $32- get a Reptisun 10.0 either the T 5 or T 8-- they have certain distances they need to be let us know what you get
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok that thrive bulb is not very good-- if the fixture is a 18" it's a T 8- I recommend you go get a Reptisun 10 T 8 it will go into that fixture+ it needs to go inside the tank and leave the cover off the bulb for best rays-- have it approx 8-10 inches from his decor piece- the Reptisun is the best on the market at this time-- $20-- if you need ideas on how to hang please ask
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom