diarrhea stinky poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddyfrodo

Hi everyone, I’m a new beardie owner. I got him on Sunday, now it’s Tuesday, and he’s just now pooping. As soon as I walked into my room it smelled like pure cow poop. It was a huge spot, probably about the size of a quarter. It was like chunky diarrhea and like I said, it was a horrible smell. I’ve read this isn’t normal and I’m not sure what to do. Is it because he’s stressed or his diet has changed? I’m not sure how old he is, but he’s probably about a foot long. I feed him 10 crickets a day and give him a good bit of lettuce.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Lettuce will give runny stools and has no nutritional value please do not feed lettuce here is a nutritional website and he needs this every day ---- it will tell you what to feed what not to feed and how often to feed
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Also the lighting in the tank plays a huge role in their digestion and over all health --- please tell us what your using for a UVB --- brand and bulb - what are his basking temps and how are you taking them ---- they should be 95-110 and taken w/ a infrared heat gun or digital probe thermometer --- NO STICKONS -- they are inaccurate ---
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Also since you hadn't had him for very long, he is likely going through relocation stress which
is very normal. Give him another week or so & if his stools don't improve any, then you can
consider taking him into the vets for a fecal exam next.
Since he is younger, he will need more insects daily to finish growing. Do you have pictures of
him we could see, along with his tank setup too?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom