Abnormal popp

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhpsp

Hi all,

My beardie has been doing great. Today she has a very yellow poop. Please see photo. All her temps are good, she has reptile carpet, and overall has been healthy. She had a fecal done about 3 weeks ago, nothing abnormal. Is it just too much calcium?

Any advice/Information is appreciated?
106655-1520827855.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

How old is she?

How has her behavior been the last week or two?

To rule out the obvious, any recent diet changes?

Sometimes when a stool is yellow like that, it can be an indicator of a burst egg which can be pretty serious. Of course if your female is young this is less likely, but if she is gravid this could be a problem.

-Brandon

rhpsp

Original Poster
Thank you for the quick response! I had to give her spring mix for 2 days (Saturday and Sunday). She normally has mustard and dandelion greens.

I did notice that on Saturday she was extremely active all day. During the past week she has been glass surfing more. I have been taking her out more often and she just goes against a wall and surfs that. Normally she is lazier.

She is about a year and 5 months.

Everything else has been normal.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Those could be signs of being gravid, the franticness and glass surfing.

Can you get her a dig box setup and see what she does?
How is she acting now?

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can just get some playsand and make it damp with some warm water. Sand castle consistency. Bags are cheap at home improvement stores.

Its important that if she does have eggs that she is able to lay them.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom