Dark mark on beardie’s belly. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumoraes

My beardie has a mark on his belly.. I noticed it 10 days ago. It doesn’t seem to be getting any worse or any better. Any advice would be appreciated.

There is a small possibility that it could be a burn but the skin is not coming away, there is no seeping and he has just had a big skin shedding.

Could it be a bruise or what? I can’t find anything similar anywhere... In every other respect he is fine...still eating well and normal behaviour.
Any ideas, please?
107270-9438772313.jpg
107270-2962798686.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, are you positive it's not a stain from walking over his poo or some dirt ? If not it could be a burn, did he have a hot rock or heat pad ? You can put some raw honey on it or silver sufadiazene cream [ from drug store ] . Be sure there are no loose crickets in the tank, they will go after any wound, especially if you have honey on it. Once you apply the honey or the silver cream you might want to wrap it with gauze [ all the way around the body to keep it in place]

Then it should heal up on it's own.

Jumoraes

Original Poster
AHBD":21zq9m0g said:
Hi there, are you positive it's not a stain from walking over his poo or some dirt ? If not it could be a burn, did he have a hot rock or heat pad ? You can put some raw honey on it or silver sufadiazene cream [ from drug store ] . Be sure there are no loose crickets in the tank, they will go after any wound, especially if you have honey on it. Once you apply the honey or the silver cream you might want to wrap it with gauze [ all the way around the body to keep it in place]

Then it should heal up on it's own.
Thank you! I’ll do that and I’ll let you know how we get on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom