ChOKING!!! Please help and reply ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr8vy

I have had him for a year, he’s a year and a half now and he has never eaten his food WHOLE without chewing!

I fed him a Madagascar hissing roach teen, not a full adult, and he swallowed it WHOLE and it’s STILL ALIVE
In his throat!!!

He gags trying to get it up but it spiked in his throat and that isn’t going anywhere. It was the size of between his eyes but just barely, please someone I don’t know what to do I can’t help him choke it up.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Are you able to gently pry his mouth open with something like a credit card and pull the roach out? It can choke him if he doesnt get it down or you dont get it out.

Is he blackbearding at all? Or gasping?

-Brandon

Gr8vy

Original Poster
claudiusx":17zd21g1 said:
Hi there,

Are you able to gently pry his mouth open with something like a credit card and pull the roach out? It can choke him if he doesnt get it down or you dont get it out.

Is he blackbearding at all? Or gasping?

-Brandon

I've never been able to open his mouth, I've tried before it really stresses him out...
It's a madagascar hissing roach and those legs are very barbed and they will securely hold them in place no matter what force is given.... Last time he gagged I could barely see the bottom of the roach, it's moved far down...

Right now pancake is under the basking light and his beard is looking a bit swollen, but not black...

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's good that he isnt blackbearding. If he was in a lot of distress he would be displaying darker colors. It's happened before with one of my females. If it's going down it will likely die very quickly if it's not already.

Probably best to give him some extra basking time tonight and avoid feeding the hissers.

-Brandon

Gr8vy

Original Poster
claudiusx":28f7itqg said:
It's good that he isnt blackbearding. If he was in a lot of distress he would be displaying darker colors. It's happened before with one of my females. If it's going down it will likely die very quickly if it's not already.

Probably best to give him some extra basking time tonight and avoid feeding the hissers.

-Brandon

Yeah he started to act completely like normal after a while... Gosh he scared the life out of my entire family.
The hisser wasn't even big, it was still a nymph... had he eaten it like he normally had it would have made a really nice meal... xDD Good thing it was the last. Just going to stick with dubia roaches now I guess... Thanks for the help anyways, I learned my lesson!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, this post scared me when I saw the title!
So, he is doing ok now? Those feeders make me very nervious. I have never used them
as feeder insects for our reptiles.....I guess I wont.
I'm happy to hear that he is essentially, back to normal now.

Tracie

Gr8vy

Original Poster
Drache613":25qhirjo said:
Hello,

Wow, this post scared me when I saw the title!
So, he is doing ok now? Those feeders make me very nervious. I have never used them
as feeder insects for our reptiles.....I guess I wont.
I'm happy to hear that he is essentially, back to normal now.

Tracie

It was scary!!! He never black bearded though and was fine 30 mins later.
Then this morning he acted like nothing ever happened. xD
I think the nymph anchored itself in his throat and held on for dear life. We couldn't get it out without hurting him so we left him to it =/

Yup no more hissers for us... If only my baby knew that chewing his food is easier than pretending to be a frog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom