Baby not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abbypendergist

I just got a brand new baby yesterday. The people told me he/she is 3 months old. I’ve now found out 3 month olds should be way bigger. They are about the size of my pointer finger. Really really small. All that he seems to do is bask. He doesn’t move. He doesn’t open his eyes. He doesn’t drink water when I try to put some on his nose. I’ve put some crickets in his cage and he doesn’t eat them. He just lets them legitimately walk all over him. I’ve given him some kale and arugula in tiny pieces with some calcium and he doesn’t touch it. He also just walks all over it then goes back into his basking spot.
He has a 75W basking lamp and a 10.0 UVB bulb. With a black heat light at night. The cage is 95 degrees with it being a little warmer directly under the basking then gradually declines to the cool side.
I don’t have a humidity thermometer at the moment but I’m planning to go pick one up.
I feel really stressed that he doesn’t do anything and won’t eat. There is no poop on the ground so he also hasn’t done that. I don’t know if he is stressed or brand new or is sick. I can’t figure out how to post photos on this but once I figure it out I will post them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Hi, welcome to the forum, you can upload photos by using “ https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ “ than use the button XIMG :) now for your baby beardie, they’re probably are little stress yes as it’s new environment and has to settle in so I’d suggest keep offering food and water, don’t leave crickets in tank over night as they could suck blood from there eyes, and I’d suggest to just keep eye on them every now and than and make sure there are okay, just don’t feel afraid asking any questions you need advice we are all here to help :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What size tank is he in? And what are your basking temps? How are you taking them ? stick ons ? digital probe? infrared heat gun? UVB 10.0 ? coil or tube ? Hes going to go thru relocation stress but him not eating at all something is off - they will continue to eat just not as much --- did you get the dragon from a pet store? Please tell us what the husbandry is -- or post pics of the tank and lighting
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box and then click on the pic and it should post ---- if hes basking all the time the basking temps may need to be increased -- and please GET RID OF THE BLACK BULB-- colored bulbs disrupt their sleep and can cause long term eye damage or eye issues all together ----- 95 how are you getting that temp ?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom