Manuka Honey for Yellow Fungus

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Have you tried washing it off? Even some of it if it comes off will tell you its not YF-- that word is to me is dreaded I am sorry--- if it does not come off and it starts to spread to different areas there is stuff you can get to start treatment but that would haft to come from Tracie Drache613 or AHBD can tell you what to get --- so keep an eye on it this stuff is bad news if its YF-- and she would need to go back to the vet
Karrie

Kimdkeenan

Original Poster
She was just at the vet Yesterday. He has been treating her eye for weeks with Terramycin. She is so small that he can not do a biopsy safely and that the medication could also kill her. This is why I am seeking alternatives.
I have been using the Betadine solution and a toothbrush to lean her. Hoping it comes off. If it is stained from the dark yellow pollen, it will take Time to wear off.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yep I understand --- if it starts spreading of which YF does then she needs to go back to vet - I am hoping Tracie sees this post tonite so she can weigh in on this ---- shes usually on here at nite
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It does look a bit suspicious on the eye area, but, not yellow fungus I don't think. Did the vet
think it was yellow fungus?
The terramycin is a good antibiotic ointment for the eyes so do continue to use that daily. Are
you also using a sterile saline wash on the eye, daily too just to help clean it out?
I agree, the oral anti-fungal medications are very harsh & for his size, it might be too much on
the organs.
Do you want to get that area tested for Yellow fungus?
How is his appetite doing?

Tracie

Kimdkeenan

Original Poster
It was tested. The vet said he couldn’t be 100% sure without a biopsy. I mentioned the coming of the raw Bee Pollen. We have to wait and see if it goes away

Kimdkeenan

Original Poster
I bathed Sedona and used the Betadineand toothbrush on the yellow areas. I think it’s wearing off. Praying it really Was stained from the pollen as I had first suspected. She has even started shedding for the first time. ?
Happy Mommy today

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good to hear ! And yes, the eye problem may be a result of a cricket bite , either way the honey should help but be 100 % sure there are no loose cricks in the tank to cause further damage to the eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom