Another $$ Vet visit? Possible face/eye infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpikesGranny

Our 3 month old beardie saw the vet 2 weeks ago because his eye was very puffy and constantly had mucus build up. The vet removed it and said it was shed. However, Ive had to soak his eye everyday since and remove the mucus. His face from his nostril to his eye are now visibly swollen. Should I take him back for another expensive vet visit, or is there some type of treatment for this possible infection I can do for him at home?

Any advice is appreciated! We are first-time beardie owners.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Post pic of the eye tank and lighting-- it sounds like he needs antibiotics if there is an infection going- so one of the others on here would need to see the eye to see if a home remedy would work- if not I would be getting another appt-- Tracie drache613 is our vet moderator she might be able to get something to you for the eye
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom