Still not eating after Albon treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

OscarLuvBug

Original Poster
He ate a cricket today for the first time in weeks, I got him meal worms a week ago for the first time ever and he’s eaten 4-5 of them . Got him a hornworm he pays no mind to and he’s not at all interested in dubias. I give him a salad Avery day. The uvb Is about 14” from the log (I’ll have to double check, my daughter is sleeping right now) I’m looking online for another perch but haven’t been able to find anything . I can post a current pic tomorrow.

OscarLuvBug

Original Poster
He weighed 67 grams when he was diagnosed with coccidia 3 weeks ago and today he weighed 66 grams. It’s been up and down over the past weeks but generally stable since I started syringe feeding

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your poor little one, it sounds like he has been through the mill & still doesn't feel quite
right. Are you giving any type of probiotic right now, since he has been on Albon? This
particular medication is pretty harsh on their system so it does really affect their gut flora
which causes intestinal distress & poor digestion.
You can try getting some non dairy soy yogurt (flavored or unflavored) or some non dairy
acidophiluz either one to see if that helps out.
Be sure to keep him a little warmer overnight, around 80 or so, just to help with his immune
system.
I hope he gets to feeling better soon.

Tracie

OscarLuvBug

Original Poster
Thank you!
I have soy yogurt and bene bac. When I was syringe feeding him I mixed carnivore care with baby food chicken and bf green beans or squash and yogurt and bee pollen ,calcium powder and the herptivite once day a week

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, great! I would continue to give the probiotics right now. On the youngsters, it will often
take several weeks sometimes before you start to see a change.
Is he eating anything on his own at all?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom