Bearded dragons front legs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I have 2 bearded dragons who have the same exact set up. One of them is completely normal and runs around and walks perfectly. The other one has trouble using his front legs right. He has a super strong grip when I pick him up and he can easily push hisself up too. I just don’t know what would be wrong. He mostly likes to keep them tucked under him, like how they do when they are sleeping.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The UVB in the tank does the fixture have a reflector on it?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Make sure it does -- it will look like aluminum foil behind the bulb
Karrie

AkiraHeide

Original Poster
KarrieRee":6693v2fi said:
Make sure it does -- it will look like aluminum foil behind the bulb
Karrie

Okay. Yes it does have a reflector. Both of their tanks are pretty much identical.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The UVB is what kind of bulb brand and bulb T 5 or T 8 and how old is it ?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok I am lost the picture shows a long tube fixture in the tank and a dome on each end of the tank --- is that the setup now or has it changed -- the coil UVB is what your using ????????????? If it is that is the problem
Karrie

AkiraHeide

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3syuj5vq said:
Ok I am lost the picture shows a long tube fixture in the tank and a dome on each end of the tank --- is that the setup now or has it changed -- the coil UVB is what your using ????????????? If it is that is the problem
Karrie

The set up is the same. I apologize for the confusion. The long one is a T8

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok and it looks like the T 8 is approx 6-8 inches from basking area and the age of the bulb -- if it is over 6 months old change it out NOW - if not then its something else thats going on --- I was trying to rule out the UVB -- and if we are ruling it out then there is something else going on------------- we need some others on here to reply to this post ---
Karrie

AkiraHeide

Original Poster
KarrieRee":l83ou0xo said:
Ok and it looks like the T 8 is approx 6-8 inches from basking area and the age of the bulb -- if it is over 6 months old change it out NOW - if not then its something else thats going on --- I was trying to rule out the UVB -- and if we are ruling it out then there is something else going on------------- we need some others on here to reply to this post ---
Karrie

He has always walked a little odd since he was a baby. So it could just be something developed wrong. I’ve got an appointment for the vet on Friday. I just know a lot of people have gotten wrong info from them before. I mean he’s healthy and eats and it doesn’t seem to bother him. So I guess I could just leave him be. But I’m still curious.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So the T 8 is w / in 6 months ??? Here is a website to find a vet in your area
www.https://arav.org/-
He is now walking different now or the same--? Is he having trouble maneuvering the tank ? If he is I recommend you do some decor changing so he does not hurt himself trying to get around --
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The T8 tube should be fine, since it is a Reptisun 10. As suggested, be sure that there is a
fixture around the tube so that it directs the UVB downward & onto your dragon.
How often do you give him calcium supplementation currently?
Since you mentioned that he has always walked a bit off, it is a possibility that it could be a
birth defect, also.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom