please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

That looks like some type of growth or burn/infection. It's kind of hard to tell from the picture.
How long has it been there?

-Brandon

Beardedsteff

Original Poster
honestly, I'm really not sure.

its my daughters dragon, and i take care of her when she is not here.

we got her as a rescue about 6 months ago, she is missing a foot (we were told from bad breeding practices)

she is so sweet, i just don't want anything to happen to her

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It really would be too hard to diagnose over picture, do you have a reptile vet near you that could look at it?

I'm leaning towards an infection, whether that started off as a cut or a bug bite. but sometimes they can develop growths too.

There isnt any way she could have burned herself in that spot right?

Either way, a reptile vet will be your best choice.

How is her activity levels? Is she acting fine?

-Brandon

Beardedsteff

Original Poster
I don’t think there is anyway she could have burned herself. She has been acting fine. I’m not sure where the closest reptile vet is, but the soonest i could get her there is Monday. I just wanted to get ideas and make sure it wasn’t something that couldn’t wait till monday

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Hm, it does somewhat look like a burn but, it could also be a spider bite perhaps.
Do you know if crickets are ever left in the tank, they are terrible culprits of bites that usually
get infected.
If you have some raw, or manuka honey, you can go ahead & put some of that on the wound
to help with infection right now.
Is she eating normally?
I hope you are able to find a vet.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom