Baby beardie needs help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephh

Original Poster
So the basking spot temp is good. At 107. No probe on that. I just put the thermometer directly on the basking spot at the highest point.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can turn that tall piece under basking bulb so it's not so high- it looks like my piece I have - look at blazes tank and see if it's the same
97951-7863920475.jpg
Karrie

Stephh

Original Poster
He hasn’t climbed to the top of that tall piece yet. But I just put that in there yesterday late in the day. Maybe he’s not sure of it yet. But he does hang out under it where it’s about 98°. I did just now take him out and give him some drops of water and he did open his mouth and drink some. When I put him back and I put him on the branch that is under the UVB light and he climbed over and found a spot on there and is sitting there still now.

Stephh

Original Poster
107017-2340136119.jpg

He’s definitely moving his head around and looking all over the place now too. I have been missing him but maybe that’s what he needed. Some water directly at his mouth. And in my last post that should’ve said 90° at the base of that basking spot not 98°.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He will sit where he needs the heat sometimes lower sometimes higher
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is looking really good there, has he become more active I hope?
They definitely darken up in color when they are absorbing heat & lighten up when they
become closer to their optimal temperatures.
I am glad he is starting to do better now.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom