Please help, my beardie isn’t using her hind legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythicalsky12

So my beardie isn’t walking around on her hind legs lately, she also been sleeping a lot these pass couple days. She usually tried to climb up on me with all four legs and run around my room. But lately she’s been sitting on my bed and or dragging her legs around then sleeping. Today I had to go to school, I called my sister to check up on her and she had been in the same place I had left her before I left. So she had been on her hammock for about almost 9 hours until my sister took her out. She’s always under her UV and eats a bit at a time. She doesn’t flinch when I got to touch her legs like it hurts her . I dust her food with calcium everyday and give her mealworms every other day, thing is they aren’t alive because my mom is scared they are gonna escape in our hotel room. If you have any idea what’s going on please tell me I’m very concerned for her ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you review your tank setup with us, such as the type/brand of UVB, temperatures,
supplementation used, & any pictures of your dragon & setup too.
Which brand of calcium do you use?
Based on your description, it sounds like weakness due to metabolic bone disease,
possibly, or an injury. Has she fallen recently that you know of?

Tracie

Mythicalsky12

Original Poster
When she is in her tank her temperatures range from Around the 75’s to the 90’s. I don’t remember the actual brand of the UV light but it was about a 70 dollar UV light that many beardie experts recommend to get. She gets fresh cucumbers, bell peppers, and we have new dry vegetables that we put water in that we have started recently feeding her. Her crickets and mealworms come from the brand flukers but she gets them every other day. My mom bought her a flunkers strawberry banana Calcium powder. She’s out of her tank a lot because she doesn’t like being alone but her UV is always on her when she’s on my bed and she also gets natural sunlight when she’s at my window. She always jumped off my bed but always was fine since it wasn’t that far off of the floor. And she jumped off my toilet lid once when I was drying her off from her bath but was fine after it. And when my cousin was over she always held her up and shook her to little to make her “dance”. I will try to get a photo of her tank And her when I get home from my classes.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes please do take a pic and post ------------- the diet she is on does not sound real good - she needs fresh greens every day along w/ LIVE insects -- not canned or dried ---- I am posting a website for nutrition -- please look it over http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html-- you need to get live crickets or dubia roaches or BSFL--- the cucumbers are a hydrating food only no nutrition like regular lettuce not good - she needs greens collard mustard turnip and kale --- you can get live insects like crickets from the pet stores or from a mom and pops store - I would recommend dubias they are the best health wise --- you can order them on line from places like this
http://www.dubiaroches.com - they also sell good worms like horn worms butter worms super worms and meal worms
http://www.abdragons.com
www.mulberryfarms.com
http://www.symptombsf.com
https://www.rainbowmealworms.net/
the UVB should have the info on what it is --- 70 dollar UV light-- what brand and bulb please?
the sunlight from the window is filtered meaning shes not getting much -- we can better help when we get more info from you
Basking temps should be 95-110 and temps need to be taken w/ a infrared heat gun or digital probe thermometer -- NO stickons they are terribly incorrect --- this is for the digestion of her food - the UVB is for absorption of calcium and to prevent MBD --- the fixture should have a reflector on it --
Karrie

Mythicalsky12

Original Poster
So I just got home. Early in the day I told my sister to give her a bath and rub her belly cause I read she also might be impacted. My sister said she started running around after the bath and that she felt better, even tried jumping off the beds again. She was eating just fine and gave her some new food I bought for her. Thank you for the nutrition tips I will sure use them.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Hows your dragon doing today?
Could you get us some pictures of your setup?

It's important that you make sure your husbandry is up to par as early on as you can to ensure that no other issues come about with your dragon.

The temperature readings you gave us were slightly concerning, which is why I'm bringing it up again.

-Brandon

Mythicalsky12

Original Poster
My beardie is going very good today. We put her on the floor today and she ran around today and tried climbing on a pile of clothes. And currently running around on my bed as I type. I read what her temperatures were that morning before I left to go to my classes but my sister told me the regular temperature is 90° to 100°, the lamp doesn’t have a label on it so I can’t tell what brand it is but from what it looks like I wanna say it’s either a power sun or a solar glo ub light about 100-150 watts (my mom got the uv light when I was in my classes so I really don’t know which one it is)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
ok someone else is gonna haft to help w/ that UVB light you have --- I am not savvy w/ them-- they need to be certain distances
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you take the bulb out (after is it off for a bit and cool) it may have a stamp on it somewhere that indicates the brand and wattage. Perhaps up near the base of the bulb. The wattage especially will make a difference in terms of the optimal distance. A 100w generally should sit around 12'' above the main basking area while a more powerful version will need to be a bit further away (14-20'' or so for the 160w PowerSun)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom