Beardie Nostril Breathing Shed Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone,

I saw my beardie was shedding his face so I gave him a bath. After the bath I noticed his nostrils still hadn't shed and he was breathing super heavy (to the point of expanding his throat and beard out, then back in as his chest expanded.)

I got super freaked out, gave him a second bath and had my SO look at him. She removed the shed from both of his nostrils and now he's back to normal.

My question is, he was in the bath for about 15 minutes, then out of it for about 20 before I put him back in. While in the bath, he swam with a lot of energy and then I noticed the breathing issue. I put him back in his tank and he gaped, then ate salad. Could this time during the baths, and the time in between when he was breathing heavily, result in any health issue now? (Respiratory Infection, brain damage, etc.)

Now that he is out of the bath for the second time AND his nostrils are clear, he is acting totally normal. He even ate a couple worms and some salad. I am, however, concerned this will result in a health issue.

Personally, I wouldn't be too worried. The shed in his nose could have been causing some irritation, hence the odd behavior. If anyone else would like to comment and tell me I'm wrong, go for it :). But if he is fine now, I wouldn't worry too much.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

There should be no health issues at all from that :)

Nostril sheds do tend to bother them a lot. It's all normal :)

-Brandon

Peach

Hatchling Member
It's like I said to a friend not long ago...you haven't lived till you've had to clean out a beardie's nose :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He should be just fine, no worries! :D
Sometimes they just have trouble shedding the nose plug & it affects their breathing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom