Head stuck shed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanukiLizard

My beardie Tanuki has had shed stuck on the side of his face/in his ear for about a month now. I’ve kept spraying it but part of it turned grey and now I’m really worried. I have absolutely no idea what to think/do.
Another thing is that he sheds he’s chin about every other week even though he’s a year and a half old. Any ideas what’s wrong??

Here’s the side of his face with the shed issue
106910-6744248150.jpg
106910-1148208655.jpg

Here’s the side without
106910-1339726551.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes beard sheds can be stubborn and really stick to the old scales for a long time. That looks like what's going on for most of the beard (and looks normal). I don't like the look of the peaks of some of his larger scales on the right side. It looks scabby which can indicate a problem. You might want to have a vet check that out if it doesn't look clear after the area sheds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom