Not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

amelia1

My 1 year old male bearded dragon isn’t eating. I bought new greens because I thought he was getting sick of collards, but he wouldn’t eat that either. He also won’t eat blueberries, which he usually goes crazy for. He’s not pooping either and he doesn’t appear to have lost weight. He’s been really lazy too.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sounds like brumation -- has he been doing alot of sleeping -- can you go over the lighting in the tank so we can rule that out --- what are you using for a UVB brand and bulb and what are his basking temps and how are you taking them? infrared heat gun stick ons or digtial probe? Incorrect lighting in the tank will act like brumation as well but we need to know for sure so we can give you tips on what to expect w/ the brumation thing --
Karrie

amelia1

Original Poster
His basking spot temps are high 90s and I take the temp with the zoo med reptitemp thermometer. Currently he has an exoterra infrared heat bulb(150watts) because his light burned out when I wasn’t there and that’s the one my dad got. I don’t remember what uvb bulb he has.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Look on the bulb it self-- is it a tube or a coil bulb? Lighting in that tank is the most crucial thing to the dragons health--- you need proper/ correct lighting or your dragon will be / get sick- basking temps as well-- if he's not eating we need to figure out the cause-- whether it's natural or illness- is he losing weight? What does his poop look like- runny? Really bad smell? If it's firm moist and dark that's good along w/ white firm moist-- but I need to know what your using for a UVB
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom