healthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t figure out how to put pics on here my phone won’t let me, whoever would like to let me know if my beardie looks healthy to them or not, whoever wants to see pics of him and give me some tips on if he’s to skinny, or if anything looks wrong just drop your email address and I will send many pics to get opinions, just want to make sure he’s as healthy as possible :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Go to the menu on top left scroll down find user image uploader down load pics click on XIMG at top of message box click on pic it should post
Karrie

Ryankirsch

Original Poster
I just switched it from carpet to sand tonight because his carpet starts to stink so fast after he takes one poop on it because it sinks into the carpet and stains it :(

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes the carpet and sand can harbor bacteria -- you can get some textured non adhesive shelf liner from your local home improvement store -- or tile but if your upgrading to a larger tank later I dont know what size tank you have now the tile would be good -- you would need to get a textured slated ceramic tile from the home improvement store and it would need to be but to the size of the tank w/ a tile cutter so your dont get the jagged egdes --- it cheap I tiled my 120 4x2x2 tank for around $13 -- I have a picture of the tile if you would like to see it -- but for now you can look at the shelf liner -- as far as your little guy he looks good - as long as you have good basking temps and a good UVB NO COILS-- he should stay healthy-- the lighting and temps in the tank are the most important factor for the health of the dragon
Karrie

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
I have 2 carpets. I’ve gotten pretty good at knowing when he has to poo. He will pace the front of his tank usually. So I’ll take him out and put him in the bathtub for easy clean up. If he does happen to poo on the carpet it immediately comes out tank is cleaned and fresh carpet put in.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He does look to be in good condition. :D
What type of sand are you using, a washed & sifted playsand or a calcium based sand?
You can also use non adhesive shelf liner or textured, slate tiles which also help keep the
nails filed down some.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom