Concerned about behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katherinegrace5227

Original Poster
Hey everyone! Here’s a quick update! Today was a lot better! I bought her some calciworms (she loves them!) and I switched her uvb light. She was immediately more active and happier. I turned off all the lights tonight and I made sure the temperature was 65° or higher (from research)

She went to bed right away and didn’t look stressed at all! So happy I asked!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great to hear she had a better day today!
Which UVB light did you get for her now?
I am happy that she is less stressed so she should get a better night's sleep which will
help her overall activity level & appetite, too.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Katherinegrace5227

Original Poster
We got her the Exo-Terra Reptile UVB150 26w bulb. I knew it was going to be better right when I turned it on. It was so much brighter than the other one we used before. And the fact that she was more active right after we put the bulb in is giving me a sign that this bulb will work great. We don’t have the money to buy a new dome with a reflector so we’re using the dome that came with the basking light. She’s been doing fine without the reflector. Of course this is only the first day. I’ll keep you updated.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You still need the reflector dome please get it as soon as you can ---- it will be equivalent to the T 8 tube ----
Karrie

Katherinegrace5227

Original Poster
Hey y’all! Here’s a quick update.
I finally was brave enough to get crickets and omg they’re amazing! She’s so excited to eat them and loves eating them a lot more than worms.
Also, here’s another weird concern. After eating, her beard will not exactly puff up but it will get big as if there’s stuff in it? And then she’ll do this weird slither motion. I’m thinking it’s to get food through. But I’m not sure if something got stuck cause her neck looks a bit more chunky than normal. She’s been acting fine though! Active, basking regularly, eating food, sleeping at a good time, all that jazz. Just concerned about what happens after eating!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Your not feeding insects bigger than the size between her eyes right? They need to be small if shes little - if you can get a video of her doing this you can upload it to youtube and post the link here
Karrie

Katherinegrace5227

Original Poster
I’m not feeding her insects bigger than the space between her eyes. She seems to be doing fine, though! Still active. Still alive. Still good!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok good to hear-- if shes having odd behavior please ask for help if you need it
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Not that I can see- tail rot starts w/ injuries or being bitten or pinched etc.... Stuck shed can be loosened w/ soaks in the bath or misting--
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom