Rescue bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 4 days ago I acquired my first ever bearded dragon as a rescue he’s in pretty good shape, he just has a really big crack on his left arm and a growth under his neck, besides that he’s been ok he’s not eating as much but I’m guessing that relocation stress
106861-6223892458.jpg
106861-6770064123.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks pretty good overall. Can you post some close up photos of the arm and area on his beard? Do they look like wounds or growths?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You need to use the image uploader again and download the pic -
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Go here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and then to new upload. Select the photos you want to upload (one at a time). On mobile this is on the green menu button then select user image upload manager.

Then to post if you press XIMG then it should let you select from any of the uploaded photos.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't like the look of that yellow on the beard. I'd probably have a vet run a skin test to see what is causing that and treat accordingly. The elbow looks pretty bad but healed over. Is he having any trouble using the arm or putting weight on it? It looks like he's holding himself up on it which is a good sign.

Ryanlester1

Original Poster
Yea he uses the arm fine and he dosnt care if I touch it, and what could that big chunk on his neck be, and if it is a fungus are there any at home remedy’s

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Possibly fungus or a cyst perhaps. Hard to tell for sure without having it tested which is a fairly simple procedure. You can put some antifungal cream like lamisil on it and see if that has an effect (it shouldn't hurt to try). There are oral antifungal meds that can be prescribed (voriconazole) to treat in conjunction with topical meds if the issue is determined to be fungal in nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom