Bearded dragon body completely limp, pale and black beard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 year old male beardie, has always been healthy. No mbd, I have correct setup, use supplements, and feed the right food. I notice he was getting sluggish the past weeks and I just thought he might be trying to go into brumation. Well today (right before I was going to feed him some squash I cooked him) I found him looking bad just laying there still alive completely limp and unresponsive with a black beard, and yellow. But he occasionally opened his eyes and tired to move and then would fall over. And then go right back to being limp. Rushed him to a vet and all he did was give him a calcium fluids shot and antibiotics to take him. No x rays, nothing else. He even told me to feed him a pinky! Crazy! he just told me he was calcium deficient, and dehydrated. I told him I dust his bugs/and feed(turnip/mustard/collard) greens. His dumb self said kale. he was telling me so many wrong things. You ever have that feeling in your gut that you know it’s something else and not what they’re telling you. I will never go back there again. I wish I had knew before hand. I’m so stuck, I made an appointment for a place that’s an hour away from me that is an exotic animal care and I have no one to take me. I feel hopeless I asked my grandpa but I’m just waiting on an reply. Could anyone know what could possibly be wrong or if you have gone through the same thing.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The UVB do you have a reflector on the fixture--- ?? What are his basking temps ? and how are you taking them? you said you cooked him????????????????? The tank is too small for him ---- why did the vet give you antibiotics???? Please dont give them to him until you find out for sure he actually needs them - no blood work was done ???? No pinkys !!!! Is he eating anything??? Temps in the tank are crucial along w/ proper UVB --- if there is no reflector on the UVB those are rays are going all over that tank --- You need to get the temps in the tank w/ a infrared heat gun or digital probe ----- you can get the probe from Petco or Petsmart for $5 ---- here is a website to find a good vet near you
www.https://arav.org/ type in your zip code
Karrie

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Sorry, but it sounds like you have a seriously ill beardie. Is there any chance of catching a Lyft/Uber to that other vet? You might PM user Drache613, who is a vet. She might be able to give you some hints as to what may be wrong based on the symptoms you describe.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Which brand of tube bulb are you using for your UVB?
Could he have eaten something toxic possibly?
Which insects/feeders do you use & what type of food do you gut load them with?
Did the vet do a fecal exam on him, or not?
There sounds like something is definitely going on with him & he isn't feeling well. I would
try to keep him a little warmer overnight right now, to help boost his immune system. I am
a bit concerned though, that they injected him with an antibiotic without justification or any
type of diagnosis of infection, etc.
What are the temperatures you keep him at in the tank?
Just so we know, what brand & type of supplementation are you using?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom