Broken toe and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yesthisworks

So I don’t know exactly when, but he broke his toe and I believe that his bone is exposed. I’ve talked to several other keepers. They all said that if I did take him to a vet that they couldn’t do anything about it and would just say keep it clean and go home. It’s slightly swollen but not an excessive amount. It doesn’t seem to bother him much and he walks on it normally. He is now getting baths on a regular basis. I can’t give much of a back ground because he is a rescue. He s six years old and in repti carpet which I keep clean. He also has had a green patch on his back since I got him. Agin doesn’t seem to hurt him but wanted to know if it was a potential Health problem. He also has clogged pores, hints the baths any advice on how to get them out? Any advice on this stuff would be grate. I would try to get a picture but not sure how to do that yet.

Yesthisworks

Original Poster
full
there was a tiny bit of blood earlier on but it hasn’t bleed since I found out swelling also appears to be going down. Here is a pic for the back thing as well
106836-9033179129.jpg

Yesthisworks

Original Poster
So I think it got snagged while he was climbing. I’m getting a new cage so he can’t do that anymore ( he sometimes climbs the screen. Noted that screen isn’t the best but he stoped a while back. he’s not any more black than normal and seems like his normal self. He didn’t seem to mind if I touch it which I don’t know if that’s good or bad. I sought if it was the carpet I’ve never seen him do that before and the carpets still pretty solid

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The toe doesn't really look too bad. Maybe a little swollen. I don't see any exposed bone. It will likely heal over and end up being just fine. A ot of dragons end up breaking or twisting a toe. I'd keep an eye on it to make sure it does heal up right. If there is exposed flesh, putting some raw unpasteurized honey on it will keep bacteria away and help heal it.

Do you have a picture of the patch on his back?

-Brandon

Yesthisworks

Original Poster
Thanks so much. Was worried about him lately. Trying to Keep him happy. Not to pry but any advice for the other two things?agin thanks for all the help you guys are awesome!!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am not sure other than baths---- Brandon or some others on here might be able to answer that question
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I see the back picture now.

It kind of just looks like retained shed to me. You can try to use lamisil on it once a day. If it is just shed, it should help loosen it up. If it is some type of fungal infection, it will help also.

As far as the femoral pores, I typically don't worry at all about them unless they are really bad. IME bathing doesn't really help at all. But truth be told, I haven't had to deal with them really. If you want to post a picture of them we can tell you if they are concerning at all. But generally they are managed themselves by them climbing over their rocks and branches.

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have a mesh type hammock hanging up in the tank that he could have snagged
it on?
I agree, it doesn't really look all that bad but the raw honey could help out in case it might
want to get infected at all. Does it seem to hurt him any?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom