Bearded Dragon hasn't pooped in 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex05

My 1 year old bearded dragon has recently been entering brumation for the first time. She comes in and out of brumation and continues to eat, but less amounts than normal. I have heard a lot of things about stomach rot and I am concerned since she hasn't pooped in over 2 weeks. I try to force her to bask after she eats, but then she just crawls back and sleeps in her hide. I also gave her a bath yesterday, but no luck. I don't want to stress her out more than she already is, but I am very concerned about the fact she has 2 weeks of food still in her belly. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get her to poop or what I should do?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That is normal ----------- make sure she is hydrated ---- keep a weight on her and give her water at least once a week -- it is common for them not to poop for long periods of time --- she will go eventually
Karrie

Alex05

Original Poster
Thanks for the quick response! Should I still be trying to get her to poop? Bathing her? Also should I continue to put out salads and live food everyday?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes feed her if she will eat-- if she's brumating she may not-- I try and follow their lead- mine has been superactive and wants out and is not eating-- he ate 4 butterworms- yesterday and nothing else- today nothing- he will be 2 next month I am thinking it's male hormones- keep your light schedule as well
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom