Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twentyx2wo

106791-622444782.jpg
106791-4167708177.jpg

So as of today, Piper has been acting very strange out of the blue, her beard is black for the first time ever. She wont eat, she looks very lethargic and just isnt being herself, I'm not ENTIRELY sure of her age, I'd guess around 3-5 months? About 10 inches long and weight 42-43g. Her lighting and heat is perfect, her diet has been regular and consistent since we got her. My initial reaction was brumation but apperantly at her age that isnt possible? My anxious brain took to Google because I just cant explain it, she poops normally and everything. The only thing I've found that may be an issue is tail rot? I've added a few photos here but after seeing other peoples posts about tail rot, there photos look exactly the same as hers and the comments under those photos say its normal and just pre shed coming on? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

That's definitely not tail rot. Especially if there was/is no damage to the tail. They can darken their tails for a multitude of reasons.

Just like they can turn their beards black, they can also darken other parts of their body.
Has the beard been a constant black? A picture would help.

Could you post a full body pic of her and her enclosure?

Can you go into details on your setup? I know you stated it was fine, but it's really the first thing to check when health issues arise as the directly correlate.

What does the daily diet look like?

-Brandon

Twentyx2wo

Original Poster
claudiusx":1r4idsqx said:
Hi there,

That's definitely not tail rot. Especially if there was/is no damage to the tail. They can darken their tails for a multitude of reasons.

Just like they can turn their beards black, they can also darken other parts of their body.
Has the beard been a constant black? A picture would help.

Could you post a full body pic of her and her enclosure?

Can you go into details on your setup? I know you stated it was fine, but it's really the first thing to check when health issues arise as the directly correlate.

What does the daily diet look like?

-Brandon

I'm not entirely sure how to add more photos, it's not giving me an option other than the 2 I originally posted. To answer a few of your questions though, her set up is the vivexotic repti home large 115cm x 49cm x 56cm. She has an arcadia 36 inch UV bulb running from side to side, it hangs about 18 inches from the bottom, her basking light is a 150w reptile system bulb that also hangs about 18 inches from the bottom and is regulated by a microclimate dimming thermostat, it sits at about 103-105 degrees consistently.

Her diet mostly consists of a mix between dubias, mealworms, and greens! Each of which are dusted with pro rep repti calcium. She eats probably around 10-20 live feeders daily. Shes very choosy with greens and only eats wild rocket with some red bell pepper. The amounts of that she eats per day is varied really.

So her beard isnt consistently black, just this morning and going into the afternoon time, maybe around 3-4 hours, again.....this has been the first time ever shes shown her black beard. She is a citrus red and to be quite honest, literally everything as far as her back, legs and arms go, is normal, ofcourse with the exception of her beard and as you saw, the tail.

Since I first posted her beard has slightly improved, but the lethargic behaviour and 0 appetite is still apparent.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You need to use the user image uploader again and download the pics of her tank
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom